Last updated on June 23rd, 2022 at 05:43 pm
There are 29 states in India, each containing at least 720 districts and approximately 6 lakh villages, as well as around 8200 cities and towns. For the purpose of a prompt delivery of postal services, the Indian postal department has assigned a unique postal code (pin code) to each district/village/town/city. A Postal Index Number, known as PIN code, is used by India Post, the Indian postal administration, in the post office numbering or post code system. The code consists of six digits. In this post, we have emphasized on the Aurangabad Maharashtra PIN Code in order to provide the readers with the appropriate PIN code of the districts therein.
Aurangabad Maharashtra PIN Code – Highlights
Aurangabad is a city in Maharashtra, India, located in the district of Aurangabad. The very first 3 digits of the PIN reflect a particular geographic area known as a sorting district, which is based at the major city’s main post office and is known as the sorting office. Based on the volume of mails handled, a jurisdiction may have one or more sorting districts. In the sorting district, the 4-digit indicates the route on which a delivery office is based. Starting with 01, which is the GPO or HO, the last 2 digits denote the delivery office within the sorting district. It is to be noted that the PIN code for Aurangabad is 431001.
|Related Sub Office||NA|
|Related Head Office||Aurangabad (MH) H.O|
Aurangabad Maharashtra PIN Code List – How is PIN Code Decided?
On August 15, 1972, India became the first country to use the PIN. It’s a six-digit code with each digit representing a different meaning.
- The area is represented by the first digit of the PIN.
- In India, there are nine PIN regions, the first eight of which are used for geographical location and the ninth for the army postal service.
- The subregion is indicated by the second digit of the PIN code.
- As a result, the first two digits of the PIN identify a certain circle.
- The third number in the PIN code denotes the region’s sorting district.
- The last three digits represent the district’s specific post office.
Aurangabad Maharashtra PIN Code List – Check List Here
It is 431001.
The STD or city code of Aurangabad is 0240.
Astik Kumar Pandey is the current Municipal Commissioner of Aurangabad.
PIN Code of Maliwada is 431002.