The Indian Audit Accounts Department, led by India’s Comptroller and Auditor General, has jurisdiction over the SSC CGL CAG auditor post.
The staff selection committee administers the CAG Auditor recruitment exam. Before preparing for the CAG Auditor position, it is critical to understand the perks and benefits it provides. This article will inform you about the CAG Auditor Salary, job profile, pay scale, and career opportunities for SSC CGL CAG auditors.
CAG Auditor Salary: Overview
|Post Name||Auditor (C&AG, CGDA, CAG)|
|CAG Auditor pay scale||Pay Level- 5 (7th CPC)|
|Pay Scale||INR. 29,200 to 92,300|
|Grade Pay||INR 2,800 (PB-1)|
|Basic pay||INR 29,200|
|Article||CAG Auditor Salary in India|
Check out the CM Rise School Teacher Salary.
CAG Auditor Salary: Salary Structure
|HRA (depending on the city)|
|X Cities- 27%||INR7,884|
|Y Cities -18%||INR 5,256|
|Z Cities- 9%||INR 2,628|
|Dearness Allowance- DA (38% of basic pay)||INR 11,096|
|X Cities||INR 3600|
|Other Places||INR 1800|
CAG Auditor Salary: Gross Salary
|Gross Salary Range (Approx.)|
|X Cities||INR 51,780|
|Y Cities||INR 47,352|
|Z Cities||INR 44,724|
CAG Auditor Salary: In-Hand Salary
The salary structure of the above-mentioned posts is as follows.
|Position||Grade Pay||In-Hand Monthly Salary (Approx.)|
|Auditor C&AG||INR 2800||INR 40,356- INR 47,412|
|Auditor CGDA||INR 2800||INR 40,356- INR 47,412|
|Auditor CGA||INR 2800||INR 40,356- INR 47,412|
CAG Auditor Salary: Salary Slip
A CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General) Auditor salary slip contains a detailed breakdown of their salary components. The salary slip includes information such as basic pay, allowances, deductions, and the net salary received by the auditor. Allowances can include Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), and other benefits. Deductions may include taxes, provident fund contributions, and insurance premiums. The salary slip serves as a record of the auditor’s earnings and deductions, ensuring transparency in salary transactions.
Check out the ISRO Technical Assistant Salary!
CAG Auditor Salary: Job Profile
- The SSC CGL CAG auditor is responsible for a large amount of clerical work, such as maintaining and organizing official files, papers, and documents. It is your responsibility to keep important documents safe and easily accessible.
- Auditing the numerous government offices and departments is one of the primary responsibilities. Remember, you can only do this in front of your seniors. Their advice is essential for this task.
- As with any other job, you must assist your superiors when necessary.
- The SSC CAG Auditor is in charge of auditing the accounts of any important figures or authorities upon request from the Governor or President.
- The SSC CAG Auditor submits to the President all audit reports on Centre government accounts. They are displayed in Parliament by the President.
- Another duty is to audit the central and state government’s transactions for things like remittance business, suspense accounts, advances, deposits, sinking funds, and debts.
- He must submit all audit reports of state government employees to the Governor, who must then present them to the State Legislature.
- His responsibilities include guiding and navigating the Parliamentary Public Accounts Committee.
- SSC CGL Auditor certifies and establishes the entire procedure of any duty or tax, and his certification in such matters is absolute.
CAG Auditor Salary: Perks and Benefits
- Central Government Health Scheme
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(HRA)
- Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme(CGEGIS)
- Dearness Allowance
- Medical Allowance
CAG Auditor Salary: Career Growth & Opportunities
In 25-30 years, a (C&AG) Auditor can advance to the highest position in the department, Deputy Accountant General (DAG). Let us examine the position hierarchy in the SSC CGL Auditor –
- After 36 months of service, the candidate is promoted to Senior Auditor with a monthly salary of INR 4,200/-.
- After two years of service and passing the Subordinate Audit/Account Service (SAS) exam, candidates are appointed to the position of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO).
- In the next 12-16 years, the employee can advance to the position of Audit Officer (AO), with a starting salary of INR 5,400/-.
- Every rank receives an additional stipend set by the government.
- DAG – Deputy Accountant General (DAG) is the highest rank for this position. It provides a starting salary of NR 92,300 per month and a grade pay of INR 7,600/-.
CAG Auditor Salary: FAQs
By qualifying for the SSC CGL examination, candidates can become auditors.
There is a basic pay range of Rs. 29,200 – Rs. 92,300 for CAG auditors and accountants.
Perks and allowances for a CAG Auditor may include benefits such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Travel Allowance, Medical Allowance, and Pension and Gratuity.
As SSC CGL auditors, candidates will work for the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG), Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA), and Controller General of Accounts (CGA).