The Department of Youth Affairs and the Department of Sports in India are both under the control of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, a division of the Indian government. The organization of the 2010 Commonwealth Games is likewise not a priority for the ministry. In order to organize the Asian Games in New Delhi in 1982, the Ministry was established as the Department of Sports. The most recent information on recruitment for the year 2022 is available in this article for any interested applicants looking for Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Government of India jobs in India. Learn more information and updates about the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports’ recruitment in 2022, including the schedules, and dates.
Check the details of Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2022 here!
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment 2022 – Overview
|Organization||Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment|
|Post Name||Director General (DG)|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 37,400-67000 + GP Rs.10000/-|
|Age Limit||Not more than 50 years|
|Job Type||Government Job 2022|
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment 2022 – Application Procedure
- This is in continuation to Department of Youth Affairs Vacancy Circular dated 09.03.2018. It is proposed to fill up one post of Director General (DG) in the Pay Band PB-4, Rs. 37400-67000/- + GP Rs. 10000/-(pre-revised) on deputation basis (including short term contract) in the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports through the process of Search-cum-Selection Committee. DG, NYKS is the administrative head of the organisation. He assists the Department of Youth Affairs in the policy formulation and implementing programmes/activities of the Department relating to youth matters.
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) has 623 Kendras, 29 Zonal offices and over 1.15 lakh village based Youth Clubs with enrolment of about 2.8 million volunteers. It is the largest grass-root level organization; one of the kind in the world. It channelizes the power of youth who are in the age group of 15-29 years on the principle of voluntarism, self-help and participation. The administration and management of the NYKS vests with a Board of Governors under the chairpersonship of the Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The person should have leadership qualities and experience and flair of working in the area of youth development, sports and culture.
Checkout the Essay on Freedom struggle of India here!
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
- Officers under Central Govt./State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings/Statutory, Semi-Govt. or Autonomous Organisation:
- Holding analogous post on regular basis.
- With 3 years of regular service in post with Pay Structure PB-4 Rs. 37,400 67.000 GP Rs. 8700.
- Post Graduate Degree from a recognized University.
- 12 years of leadership experience in the fields of youth development, volunteer work, social and youth mobilisation, and awareness raising. (The total length of the deputation, including the time spent in another ex-cadre position, cannot exceed three years.)
- Age restriction: 50 years or younger.
The deadline for receiving applications from candidates will be the key date used to determine the age restriction.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment 2022 – Documents Required
- Clear photocopies of the up-to-date CR dossiers of the officer for the last five years, duly attested by a Group ‘A’ officer (if original ACRS could not be sent)
- Cadre clearance:
- Clearance from the discipline and vigilance perspectives.
- An account of any major or minor punishments, if any, that have been imposed on the officer in the last 10 years.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment 2022 – Selection Procedure
- Only those officials may submit applications who, if chosen, would be able to start working on their new duties right away and whose concerned authorities would be able to relieve them right away.
- The selection of a candidate for the position is not guaranteed by the mere submission of an application and supporting documentation. The appointment will be subject to the Search-Cum-Selection Committee’s recommendation and the Appointments Committee of Cabinet’s ultimate confirmation.
- The applications that were submitted in response to the vacancy circular from 09.03.2018, for which the deadline for applications was extended to 31.05.2018, will remain valid.
- The applications must reach: to the Under Secretary (NYKS), Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Room No. 15, C Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001, Tel. No. 011-23073206, e-mail: email@example.com. Website: www.yas.nic.in latest by 18.07.2018.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment 2022 – Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and supervising all administrative tasks and authorized payments
- Assigning responsibilities to each Sangathan employee.
- To oversee and enforce disciplinary measures regarding the performance and behavior of all Sangathan employees.
- To oversee all of Sangathan’s activities generally and coordinate their execution.
- To carry out all legal actions on the Sangathan’s behalf, following Board of Governors approval, including signing contracts, deeds, and other legal documents.
- to exercise all administrative and financial rights granted to him by the Sangathan Rules, as well as any further powers that may be granted to him in the future.
- To give written consent to any other Sangathan officer so they can sign and verify documents on his behalf.
- To assign those of his powers that he deems necessary to the Sangathan officers below him.
- To publish notices for Sangathan Society and Board of Governors meetings and keep or order the keeping of minutes of Sangathan Society and Board of Governors proceedings.
- To maintain or cause to be maintained all Sangathan records at its location or any other location as determined by the Board of Governors.
- To use financial authority in accordance with the organization’s financial bylaws.
- To create project proposals for funding from funding organizations. to oversee programs and initiatives in coordination with other governmental and semi-governmental agencies.
- To coordinate with organizations and the government to further the goals of the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan
- To keep track of resource allocation.
- In order to coordinate with the media for publicity purposes.
- To oversee the application of the Indian government’s official language policy; and
- To keep an eye on all money-related and connected issues.
FAQs on Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Recruitment
Anurag Singh Thakur is the current minister of Youth affairs and sports.
The pay scale for the position of Director General is Rs. 37,400 – 67.000 GP Rs. 8700.
The government’s job is to establish the facilities and encourage the development of the human resources needed to broaden participation in sports and achieve excellence in a range of national and international competitions. The ministry’s plans are focused on reaching these goals.
To view the duties and responsibilities of director general in detail, check the article above.
The age should not exceed 50 years.