Last updated on January 11th, 2022 at 03:28 pm
Candidates who have applied for the MPSC Group C are advised to go through this article which contains relevant information on all the important topics and types of questions asked in the MPSC Group C exam. In this article, you will get the syllabus, exam pattern, tips to prepare well for the exam, and many more things.
The official Syllabus can be downloaded from here.
MPSC Group C Syllabus
Given below, all-important topics are asked in both the prelims and mains exam for the recruitment of MPSC Group C posts under the Maharashtra Government. Please go through the given details and go through the chapters subject-wise to cover the syllabus of the MPSC Group C Exam.
MPSC Group C Prelims Exam Pattern as per 2019
- The Prelims Exam has objective-type questions.
- General Knowledge contains 100 Questions for 100 Marks.
- The time duration of the test is 60 Minute
MPSC Group C Main Exam Pattern as per 2019
- Paper I – Marathi includes 60 Questions for 60 Marks.
- Paper I – English consists of 40 Questions for 40 Marks.
- Paper-II – General Awareness contains 100 Questions for 100 Marks.
- The total marks are 200.
- The duration of the exam is 2 Hours.
Subject Wise Syllabus:
MPSC Group C General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs – Regional, National, and International
- International Relations and Events
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts, and Literature
- Policies, Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India
- Social and Economic Geography, Physical and Demography
- General Science: India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy
- Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies
- Socioeconomic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement
- Economic and Social Development of India
MPSC Group C Mental Ability Syllabus
- Data Interpretation
- Problems on Cubes
- Statements & Conclusions
- Problem Solving
- Statements & Arguments
- Coding & Decoding
- Decision Making
- Seating Arrangements
- Number Series
- Statements & Assumptions
MPSC Group C General Knowledge Syllabus
- Basic GK
- Famous Days & Dates
- Indian Politics
- History, Culture, Traditions & Festivals
- Indian Culture
- Famous Books & Authors
- Indian Economy
- Inventions in the World
- Indian History
- Basic Computer
- Indian Parliament
MPSC Group C English Syllabus
- Spelling Test
- Sentence Completion
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Active and Passive Voice
- Fill in the blanks
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
MPSC Group C Marathi Syllabus
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Transformation of Sentences
MPSC Group C Mathematics Syllabus
- Time and Work
- Number system
- Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry
- Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- LCM and HCF
- Age Calculations
- Pipes & Cistern
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Square Root
- Elementary Statistics
- Pipes & Cistern
How to prepare for MPSC Group C 2021
- Read newspapers regularly for daily current affairs like The Hindu and Yojana Magazine.
- Free mock tests or test series are available in our portal. TestBook Test Series to get free test series for several other competitive exams which is beneficial for aspirants.
- By solving the previous year’s question paper, aspirants analyze their marks and weak points.
- Check out the MPSC Group C and MPSC Group C Cut off before proceeding to the exam hall.
- Confident and stay calm and believe in yourself that you have the potential to do it while you enter the exam hall.
FAQs MPSC Group C Syllabus
Aspirants of the MPSC Group C examination have to prepare the following subjects: Civics, History, Geography, Economy, General Science, Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
Considering the MPSC Group C Exam Pattern, candidates can expect a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in prelims & mains exams.
The salary for the post of clerk typist is 27464 rupees per month.
The initial in-hand MPSC Group C salary is approximately Rs. 32000 to Rs.35000 per month.
Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth is considered the best book for the MPSC Group C examination.