The State of Rajasthan offers students a great career opportunity in pharmacy. The Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus is now available for students to download and start preparing for their exams. The syllabus contains all the essential topics and subtopics covered in the upcoming exam. Students must thoroughly review the syllabus to score well in the exam. This blog post will look at the Rajasthan Pharmacist Exam Syllabus in detail and help you understand it better.
Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus 2022: Details
The Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus covers human anatomy and physiology, pharmacy practice, pharmacology, pharmaceutics, etc. The syllabus is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in these subjects to be better prepared for their careers as pharmacists. Below is a list of the complete Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus Syllabus. Candidates can read it to get clarity and start studying for the exam.
A. Rajasthan Pharmacist General Knowledge
(a). History, Art and Culture, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Farmer and Tribal Movement, Prajamandal Movement
- Unification of Rajasthan
- Political Public Awakening and Development of Rajasthan – With special reference to women
- Rajasthani Culture, Tradition, and Heritage
- Important Historical Tourist Sites
- Major Paintings, Styles, and Handicrafts of Rajasthan
- Major Dialects of Rajasthani language and Literature Regional Dialects
- Major Prehistoric Civilization of Rajasthan
- Major Sources of History of Rajasthan
- Major Dynasties of Rajasthan and their Achievements
- Mughal Rajput Relations
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music, Folk Dances, Instruments & Jewelry
- Prominent Personalities of Rajasthan
- Princely States of Rajasthan and British Treaties, 1857 Mass Movement
- Key Features of Architecture
- Important Forts, Monuments, and Structures
- Religious Movements and Folk Deities of Rajasthan
(b) Geography of Rajasthan
- Natural Vegetation
- Forest and Wildlife Conservation
- Environment and Ecological Issues
- Physical Departments: Desert Territory, Aravalli Mountain Region, Plain Region, Plateau Region
- Status and Extent of the State
- Drainage System
(c). Political Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Contemporary Events
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Civil Charter
- Local Self-Government in Rajasthan, Rural and Urban Evacuation, Main Features, Structure, Powers, Problems, 73rd & 74th Constitutional Amendment Bill, Major Trends and Important Footprints of Post Independent Rajasthan Monarchy (Major Landmark)
- Governor, Chief Minister, State Legislative Assembly, High Court, District Administration, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukta, State Election Commission, State Information Commission, State Women’s Commission.
B. Rajasthan Pharmacist Pharmacy
- Prescriptions, Incompatibilities in prescriptions, Posology, Dispensed Medications, Powders, Liquid oral Dosage forms: Monophasic, Biphasic Liquid Dosage Forms: Suspensions, Emulsions, Semi-Solid Dosage Forms: Ointments, Pastes, Jellies, Suppositories, and pessaries, Dental and cosmetic preparations, Sterile Dosage forms: Parenteral dosage forms, Sterility testing, Ophthalmic products.
- Introduction of different dosage forms, Metrology, Packaging of pharmaceuticals, Size separation, Mixing and Homogenization, Clarification, and Filtration, Extraction and Galenicals, Distillation, Introduction to the drying process, Sterilization, Aseptic techniques, Processing of Tablets, Processing of Capsules, Study of immunological products.
- Definition, history, and scope of Pharmacognosy, Various systems of classification of drugs and natural origin, Adulteration and drug evaluation, Brief outline of f alkaloids, terpenoids, glycosides, volatile oils, tannins and resins, Occurrence, distribution, organoleptic evaluation, chemical constituents including test wherever applicable and therapeutic efficacy of various drugs, Pharmaceutical aids, Miscellaneous drugs.
(c). Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Introduction to the nomenclature of organic chemical systems, The chemistry of pharmaceutical organic compounds (Antiseptics and Disinfectants, Sulphonamides, Antileprotic Drugs, Antitubercular Drugs, Antiamoebic, and Anthelmintic Drugs, Antibiotic, Antifungal agents, Antimalarial Drugs, Tranquilizers, Hypnotics, General, Anaesthetics, Antidepressant Drugs, Adrenergic drugs, Adrenergic antagonist, Cholinergic Antagonists, Diuretic Drugs, Cardiovascular Drugs, Hypoglycemia Agents, Coagulants and Anticoagulants, Local And esthetics, Analgesics and Antipyretic, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, Diagnostic Agats, Anticonvulsants, cardiac glycosides, Antiarrhythmic, Antihypertensive & Vitamins, Steroidal Drugs, Antineoplastic Drugs.
- Acids, bases and buffers, Antioxidants, Gastrointestinal agents, Topical Agents, Antimicrobials and Astringents, Dental Products, Respiratory stimulants, Expectorants and Emetics, Antidotes, Major Intra and Extracellular electrolytes, Inorganic official compounds, Radiopharmaceuticals, and contrast media, Quality control of Drugs and pharmaceuticals, Identification tests for cations and anions.
(d). Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology
- Introduction to biochemistry, Carbohydrates, Lipids, Vitamins, Enzymes, and Therapeutics, Introduction to Pathology of blood and urine. Lymphocytes and platelets, their role in health and disease, Erythrocytes.
(e). Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Central Nervous System, Sensory Organs, Digestive System, Endocrine System, and Reproductive system.
- Skeletal System, Cardiovascular System, Respiratory system, Urinary System, and Muscular System.
- Scope of Anatomy and physiology, Elementary tissues
(f). Health Education & community pharmacy
- Concept of Health, Nutrition and health, First aid, Environment and health, Fundamental principles of microbiology, Communicable diseases, Respiratory infections, Intestinal infection, Arthropod-borne infections, Surface infection, Sexually transmitted diseases, Non-communicable diseases, Epidemiology.
(g). Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Introduction to pharmacology, Routes of administration of drugs, General mechanism of drugs action, Drugs acting on the central Nervous system, Drugs acting on the respiratory system, Autacoids, Cardiovascular drugs, Drugs affecting renal function, Hormones and hormone antagonists, Drugs acting on the digestive system, Chemotherapy of microbial diseases, Disinfectants and antiseptics.
(h). Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Origin and nature of pharmaceutical legislation in India, Principles and significance of Professional Ethics, Pharmacy Act, 1948, The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940, The Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisement) Act, 1954, Narcotic Drugs and psychotropic substances Act, 1985, Latest Drugs (price control) order in force. Poisons Act 1919 (as amended to date) Medicinal and Toilet preparations (Excise Duties) Act, 1955(as amended to date). Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971(as amended to date).
(i). Drug store and Business Management
- Part I: Commerce- Introduction, Drug House Management, Sales, Recruitment, training, Banking and Finance.
- Part II: Accountancy – Introduction to accounting concepts and conventions. Double entry, bookkeeping, different kinds of accounts, cash book, general ledger and trial balance, profit and loss account and balance sheet. Simple techniques for analyzing financial statements. Introduction to budgeting.
(j). Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
- Part I: Hospital Pharmacy-Hospital and Hospital Pharmacy, Drug Distribution system in Hospitals, Manufacturing, Sterile manufacture, Non-sterile manufacture, P.T.C.(Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee), Hospital Formulary system, Drug Information Service, Surgical dressing, Application of computers.
- Part II: Clinical Pharmacy- Introduction to Clinical pharmacy practice, Modern dispensing aspects, and Common daily terminology used in the practice of Medicine. Disease, manifestation and pathophysiology, Physiological parameters with their significance. Drug Interactions, Adverse Drug Reactions, Drugs in Clinical Toxicity, Drug dependencies, Bioavailability of drugs
Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus: Exam Pattern
The Rajasthan Pharmacist syllabus and exam pattern are designed to test the knowledge and skills of candidates in the field of pharmacy. The Rajasthan Pharmacist exam pattern has been explained below:
How to Download Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus PDF?
The Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus can be downloaded from the official website. The syllabus is available in PDF format on the website.
The steps to download the syllabus are given below:
Step 1. Visit the official website of Rajasthan Pharmacist Exam conducting body.
Step 2. Click on the link for ‘Syllabus’ under the heading ‘Information’ on the homepage.
Step 3. On the next page, click on the link for ‘Pharmacist Grade-II’ under the heading ‘Exam Syllabus.
Step 4. The syllabus will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
Step 5. Download and save a copy of the syllabus for future reference
Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus: FAQs
The Rajasthan Pharmacist examination consists of 150 questions. Candidates are given three hours to complete the examination.
Candidates are given three hours to complete the Rajasthan Pharmacist Examination.
To prepare for the examination, candidates can refer to study materials like books, previous year question papers, and mock tests available online.
The Rajasthan Pharmacist Syllabus covers General Knowledge and Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, pharmacology, etc.
The minimum mark required by candidates in order to qualify for the Rajasthan Pharmacist Examination is 40%.