The eligibility criteria for the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exams have been established by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Knowing the SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria is critical in determining whether you can apply for the SSC CGL JSO position. In this article, we will go over the SSC CGL JSO Eligibility Criteria in greater detail. So keep reading to find out more.
SSC CGL JSO Eligibility Criteria
Here, we will discuss the Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL JSO.
Here, we will discuss the SSC CGL JSO Age Limit.
|Name of Post||Ministry/ Department/Office/ Cadre||Age Limit|
|Junior Statistical Officer||M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation.||Up to 32 years|
The age relaxation details for various categories are listed below. Check your relaxation and apply for the position accordingly.
|Category||Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|Defence personnel who are disabled while operating during hostilities with any foreign country or in a troubled area and are released as a result||3 years8 years (SC/ST)|
|Civilian employees of the Central Government who have served for at least three years in a regular and continuous capacity||up to 40 years of ageup to 45 years of age (SC/ST)|
|Widows, divorced women, and women who have been judicially separated but have not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women who have been judicially separated but have not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
Go through the educational qualification for JSO in SSC CGL.
|Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||Bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognised university or institute, with at least 60% in mathematics at the 12th standard level.(or)Bachelor’s Degree in any subject, with Statistics as one of the subjects.|
One of the most important criteria is nationality. You must check before applying. To be eligible for the examination, You should be-
- A Citizen Of India (or)
- A Citizen Of Nepal (or)
- A Citizen Of Bhutan (or)
- A Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962, intending to stay permanently.
- A person of Indian origin who has moved to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently.
Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI)
Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)
Low Vision (Visually Impaired): People with low vision will be considered eligible if they can see clearly with spectacles or other aids.
Hearing Impaired: These candidates must be able to communicate using aids and appliances.
Locomotor: OA (Affected One Arm), OL (Affected One Leg), OAL (Affected One Arm and One Leg), BL (Affected Both Legs), and Mobility should not be affected.
For more information, Download SSC CGL 2023 Notification PDF.
SSC CGL JSO Eligibility Criteria: Points to remember
Candidates should remember some of the important things for SSC CGL Eligibility.
- Check the age requirements for the position you want to apply for. Check to see if you meet the age requirements.
- Before choosing a category for examination, ensure you have all the necessary documents to back up your claim.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation can apply for the exam, with the requirement that they produce the passing certificate and mark sheet by the SSC board’s specified deadline.
- There is no minimum percentage requirement for the exam, so candidates with simple graduation diplomas can apply.
- Candidates with Indian citizenship who live outside India can also apply for the SSC CGL exam.
- General category candidates must be at least 18 years old and no older than 32 years old. Candidates from the reserved categories are also given an age relaxation, the details of which are included in this post.
SSC CGL JSO Eligibility Criteria: FAQs
The common requirement is a bachelor’s degree from a recognised University. For more eligibility criteria, refer to the article above.
The post is open to citizens of India, Nepal, and Bhutan. For more information on Nationality, please refer to the article above.
No, it applies to some posts, as mentioned above.
The final year of graduation is eligible to apply for SSC CGL. Candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s degree before the SSC CGL Tier-II examination.
Yes, there is a reservation for ex-servicemen in SSC CGL. They are eligible for age relaxation and reservation in certain posts per government rules.