The Telangana State Government conducts the State Eligibility test to recruit Assistant Professors and Lecturers in different colleges and universities in the state of Telangana. The examination is conducted for various subjects through the CBT mode; upon qualifying, a candidate shall be deemed eligible for the post. However, candidates who apply for the examination must first be acquainted with the Telangana SET Eligibility Criteria 2023. It would further help them determine whether they are eligible for the post and take the necessary steps.
This article has provided all the necessary information regarding the TS SET eligibility criteria 2023. For further information, read the article below.
TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Details
Before venturing further into the TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2023 details, it is essential to take a look at some of the important aspects that might prove helpful in the examination. Some of these details have been given in the table below in an organized manner to give the candidates a better understanding:
|TS-SET Notification December 2022||23-12-2022|
|Commencement of the application process||30-12-2022|
|Last date for Submission of the Application||20-01-2023|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||Last week of Feb 2023|
|Dates of Examination||1st or 2nd week of March 2023|
TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Information
There are a variety of factors that together make up the Telangana SET eligibility criteria 2023. A candidate has to qualify for each of the criteria to be eligible for the post. All the important points about the TS SET eligibility criteria 2023 have been provided in this article in a detailed manner to help the candidates understand the process. Applicants can refer to the information given below:
- Candidates are required to secure 55% in their respective Master’s Degrees such as M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, MBA, MLISC, M.Ed., M.PEd., MCJ,
LLM, MCA and M.Tech (CSE & IT only) to apply for the post. Candidates belonging to Backward Classes (BC)/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/
Persons with Disability (PwD) categories must secure 50% in the Master’s Degree.
- Applicants who are still pursuing their Master’s Degree shall be deemed eligible for the post but have to complete their Degree within the specified time period,i.e., within two years. They must secure the specified percentage to qualify for the post and shall be deemed ineligible if they fail.
- PhD holders who have achieved their Master’s Degree by 19th September 1991 shall be granted a relaxation of 5% while appearing for the SET.
- Candidates who have been awarded Post-Graduate Diploma by an Indian University/ Institute or Foreign Degree/Diploma by the Foreign University/ Institute must ensure and prove its equivalent with a Master’s Degree certificate recognized by Indian Universities.
There is no upper age limit for candidates applying for the Telangana State-State Eligibility Test. Therefore, candidates who are eligible can apply for it irrespective of the age group they belong to.
Check the latest updates below-
|TS SET Exam Pattern 2023||TS SET Exam Date 2023||TS SET Exam Centre List 2023|
|TS SET Subject List 2023||TS SET Notification 2023||CUET DU Cut Off 2023|
TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Other Information
Apart from the educational qualification and age limit, there are other criteria that form an important part of the TS SET eligibility criteria 2023. These aspects have been given below:
- Candidates who belong to the third gender or are transgender shall be eligible to receive the same relaxation as granted to certain categories such as SC/ST/BC/PwD.
- Candidates who have qualified for their Master’s Degree in one subject can apply for the post in that subject only.
- Candidates should not send their documents to the TS SET office. However, they are required to present their original certificate during certificate verification upon qualifying for the test.
TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Eligibility Test
Those candidates who qualify for each of the above-mentioned TS SET eligibility criteria 2023 can apply for the posts. To be recruited as Assistant Professors, they shall have to perform well in both the papers of SET. The performance of the candidate in aggregate shall be taken into consideration for their selection. Those selected shall then have to adhere to the rules and regulations laid down for the recruitment of Assistant Professor in Telangana State Universities. The results shall be declared on the official website.
TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2023:FAQs
You need to secure 55% of a Master’s Degree to be eligible for TS SET.
No, you cannot apply for other subjects.
Candidates from reserved categories need to secure 50%.
Yes, candidates pursuing their Master’s Degree can apply for TS SET.
You can check all the details in the article above or visit the official website www.telanganaset.org.