UP Scholarship. According to the most recent announcement made by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, the government will provide scholarships to tharu tribal and other students by October 2, 2022.
The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh state has started an online scholarship and fee reimbursement system to help students studying in Uttar Pradesh state get a scholarship without having to go to different types of Government officers every now and then. Scholarships are available for both post-secondary and pre-secondary students. Post-matric Scholarships are also available for students studying in other states. Scholarships of various types are available for all types of students.
|Type of Scholarship||State Level Scholarship|
|For Programs||Pre-matric (9th and 10th), Post Matric (Intermediate), Post Matric other than Intermediate, Post-Matric outside state|
How to apply for UP Scholarship?
The UP Scholarship authority has announced the start and end dates of pre-matric and post-matric scholarship 2022 for students. The UP Pre Matric Scholarship 2021-22 application process will begin on 18 May 2022, and the deadline to apply online is 1 July 2022. The application period for the UP Post Matric Scholarship 2022 will begin on 2 July 2022 and will end on 7 October 2022.
Step 1. Go to the official website.
Step 2. The second step is to select “Student” from the top menu bar on the portal’s homepage.
Step 3. Students must select and click on the “new registration” link. A new page will be displayed.
Step 4. The new registration page will be displayed. For various categories of candidates, there will be separate options for new registration and renewal (General, SC, ST, OBC).
Step 5. Fill in the blanks with all of the necessary information.
Step 6. Applicants must upload scanned copies of all documents.
Step 7. After completing the application form, students must recheck and review the details before final submission.
Step 8. Once the review is complete, students can submit the application by clicking the submit button.
UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
This government program is only available to qualified students. As a result, all students must determine whether they meet the eligibility requirements. Students must read the entire advertisement for eligibility criteria before filling out the application.
- Students must be in class 9th or class 10th to be eligible for a scholarship under the Pre-matric class 9-10 category.
- Students must have completed 10th grade (high school) and be enrolled in class 11th or class 12th to be eligible for the UP Scholarship Post-Matriculation.
- Candidates for UP Scholarship Post-matriculation other than 11-12 must have qualified in class 12th and be enrolled in any higher education program at any of the state’s universities.
- Applicants must be Uttar Pradesh residents with a domicile issued by the competent authority.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a state school or college.
Family Income Criteria
- For Post-Matric Scholarships, the family’s annual income cannot exceed two lakhs in any category.
- For post-secondary scholarships other than the 12th, the annual income of the family from all sources should not exceed two lakhs in all categories.
- For all categories of the UP Pre Matric Scholarship, annual income cannot exceed one lakh.
Documents Required For UP Scholarship
Students must upload all required documents to the application. The application cannot be completed unless all required documents are available.
- Mark Sheet and certificates of the qualifying examination
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Annual Income Certificate (online generated)
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Pass Book
- Fee Receipt Number
- Annual Non Refundable Amount
- Receipt of fee submitted in the school/college
- Current registration number of present board/university
- Latest Passport Size Scanned Photograph
- Other relevant documents and certificates
UP Scholarship Application Fee
Applicants can fill out the application form for free. There are no application fees, registration fees, or other charges for any of the candidate categories.
How to check UP Scholarship Status?
Here are the steps to check the application status of UP Scholarship:
- Visit the official scholarship.up.gov.in website.
- On the website’s homepage, click the “Status” tab.
- Enter the correct registration number and date of birth.
- When you click the search button, the application status will appear on the screen.
- You can download and print a copy (optional) for future reference.
Important Guidelines for the UP Scholarship 2022
- Students must include a hard copy of a photocopy of their bank passbook with their application form.
- Students must submit the application form in person to the relevant department and collect the receipt.
- Students who have applied for or are considering applying for the scholarship should not share their personal information, bank account number, IFSC code, class 10th/12th roll number, password, or any other sensitive information with anyone.
- It is recommended that applicants check the scholarship updates on the portal on a regular basis. Follow all instructions on time so that they do not miss out on the scholarship opportunity.
UP Scholarship – FAQs
The UP Status can be viewed online. You can find it on the official website.
The last date to apply for the UP Pre Matric Scholarship is 1st July.
Yes, Applying for the scholarship domicile of UP is important.
Is there any application fee to apply for the scholarship?
No, there is no application fee to apply for the scholarship.
In any category, the family’s annual income cannot exceed two lakhs.