PMJAY – Ayushman Card List provides compensation for secondary and tertiary hospitalization for over 10.74 million poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crores beneficiaries) at Rs 5 lakhs per family per year. There is no family size limit for the program. The scheme was known as the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) before being renamed PMJAY. The program was launched by Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi on 23 September 2018.
Read about the Pudhumai Penn scheme of Tamil Nadu
Ayushman Card List – PMJAY 2022 Overview
PMJAY was launched targeting the bottom 40% of the poor and vulnerable population. Included households are based on rural and urban deprivation and employment criteria from the 2011 Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC 2011). This program included the then-existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) introduced in 2008. Therefore, the coverage mentioned in PMJAY – Ayushman Card List also includes families that were included in RSBY but not in the 2011 SECC database. PMJAY – Ayushman Card List is fully funded by the government and implementation costs are shared between the central and state governments.
|Government Yojana||Ayushman Bharat Scheme|
|Full Form||Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna|
|Compensation||Rs 5 lakhs|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi|
|Launch Date||23 September 2018|
|Benefits||Free Hospital Facilities|
|Target Population||10.74 crores|
|Formerly Known as||National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS)|
|Employment Criteria of the Chosen Households||Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC 2011)|
|Implementation Costs||Central and State Government|
|Ayushman CAPF Health Insurance Scheme Launch||January 23, 2021|
|Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana Launch||December 26, 2020|
|Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana||Residents of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Ayushman Card List||Part of Ayushman Bharat Scheme|
|SACHIS||State Agency For Comprehensive Health and Integrated Services|
|Address||10 Ashok Marg, Hazratganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh – 226001|
|Official Website||Ayushman Card List – PMJAY|
Ayushman Card List – Benefits of the PMJAY
Beneficiaries of this plan will be required to have a gold Ayushman Bharat card printed for them. For the poorest citizens of India, this golden Ayushman Bharat card entitles them to free treatment in hospitals worth Rs 5 lakh. However, people who get free medical care can only get it at designated facilities. Ayushman Bharat is asking applicants to check their names against the Ayushman Bharat scheme’s list before receiving the health insurance benefit they are entitled to under the scheme.
- PM-JAY provides cashless access to (domestic) healthcare services to beneficiaries at the point of service, i.e. at the hospital.
- PM-JAY will help reduce catastrophic hospitalization costs, which push 6 million people into poverty each year and help reduce financial risk from health disasters.
- No restrictions on family size, age or gender.
- All pre-existing medical conditions are covered from day one.
- Plan benefits are offered nationally, meaning beneficiaries can go to any accredited public or private hospital for cashless treatment.
- Public hospitals are reimbursed for the same medical services as private hospitals.
- People can check names online by mobile phone while sitting at home.
- There are two options for applying for benefits under this program: you can go to an approved hospital or go to a Community Service Center (CSC).
- The list of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana 2022 will include 1,350 medical packages including surgery, medical treatment and childcare, medical expenses and diagnosis.
- The 2011 Socio-Economic Census is reported to include 8.03 proportion of rural households and 2.33 proportion of urban households under the PM health insurance scheme, extending to all everyone in the country. All families in the SECC directory will be supported by established standards and guidelines.
- Only hospitals on the government list can treat patients covered by this plan.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme – Steps To Check
The Central Government has published the Ayushman Bharat Scheme on its website. The Ayushman Bharat Scheme is the biggest government-funded scheme that covers more than five areas. Below mentioned are the steps to check out the Ayushman Bharat Yojana list for 2022.
Step 1 – Visit the official website of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
Step 2 – The homepage will appear on your screen.
Step 3 – From the homepage go to the log-in tab and enter your information.
Step 4 – After providing all the information you will be logged into the portal.
Step 5 – Click on the Ayushman Bharat Scheme option to check out the list.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme Programs
The government of India initiated a scheme that became an umbrella for the various other schemes launched by the government. The programs are different but the aim is to provide financial assistance in terms of health insurance and health benefits to the needy. The Ayushman Bharat Scheme is one of the schemes launched that holds other schemes under it such as the following.
- Ayushman CAPF Health Insurance Plan
- Sehat Health Insurance Plan
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
The Ayushman Card is a golden card that eligible people need to get done so that they can avail the benefits of the scheme. The Ayushman Card List is the list through which they can check out their names if they are eligible to claim health insurance and other benefits.
Ayushman CAPF Health Insurance Plan
Government of India introduced Ayushman CAPF Health Insurance Scheme as part of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana on 23 January 2021. All of the country’s most powerful police forces will have access to health insurance under the plan.
- The program applies to households of her other 28,000 employees. All are entitled to free treatment at her 24,000 hospitals in India.
- The Ayushman CAPF health insurance program covers approximately 50 million people. In the wake of the coronavirus, the interior minister praised the efforts of police officers.
- The National Board of Health and the Ministry of Interior have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on the CRPF Group Centre. The event was attended by the Minister of Home Affairs and other senior Assamese government officials.
Ayushman Bharat – Sehat Health Insurance Plan
Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana was launched on December 26, 2020, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the people of Jammu and Kashmir and provides health insurance to 600,000 households in Jammu and Kashmir. There are still 21 million households that do not benefit from this program. The features are as follows.
- Only residents of Jammu and Kashmir are eligible for the Sehat health plan. Beneficiaries will have access to health insurance up to Rs 5,00,000 under this scheme.
- Ayushman Bharat provides health insurance to families with incomes below the poverty line. However, under the Sehat health insurance scheme, all citizens of Jammu and Kashmir will have access to healthcare insurance.
- Jammu and Kashmir have 229 government hospitals and 35 private hospitals registered under the scheme. Thanks to this initiative, the people of Jammu and Kashmir can now get medical treatment at any hospital across the country.
Ayushman Card List – Facilities
The Ayushman Card is the entrance gate to the number of healthcare facilities that are provided under the Ayushman Bharat scheme. Therefore, it is very important to check out the Ayushman Card List and get printed your Ayushman Golden Card. The facilities provided by the scheme are as follows.
- Psychiatric therapy
- Urgent care and facilities for the elderly
- All means and therapies for women during labour and delivery
- Dental hygiene
- Complete medical treatment for the child
- Pay special attention to the health of the elderly, children and women.
- Delivery ladies get a discount of up to Rs 9,000.
- Infant and child health services
- The government has fixed around Rs 600 crore for televised patient care.
- The government will cover all costs, including the release of the patient.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for the Ayushman Bharat Scheme are different for rural and urban areas. The applicants must follow the eligibility criteria and provide authentic information. Check out the Ayushman Bharat Scheme Eligibility Criteria below.
Eligibility Criteria – Rural Area
- There should be a Kucha House in the village.
- The head of the family should be a woman.
- There must be at least one disabled person living in the household and she must not be an adult between the ages of 16 and 59.
- An individual should be employed in the family.
- Must have a monthly income of less than INR 10,000.
- Apart from that, homeless people begging and forced labour in rural areas fall under the Ayushman Bharat Plan.
Eligibility Criteria – Urban
- This person could be a hawker, a worker, a security guard, a shoemaker, a cleaner, a tailor, a driver, a clerk, a rickshaw puller, a porter, a painter, a conductor, a mister, or a laundress.
- Or those who earn less than Rs 10,000 per month etc. are eligible to participate in Ayushman Yojana.
Ayushman Card List – FAQS
The Ayushman Card List is the list through which they can check out their names if they are eligible to claim health insurance and other benefits.
The poor, vulnerable and landless people are the targets of the Ayushman Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna is the full form of PMJAY.
Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana was launched on December 26, 2020.
Ayushman CAPF Health Insurance Scheme launched on 23 January 2021.