One of the most alluring reasons for wanting to join the Indian Foreign Service is the IFS Officer Salary. One of the most coveted Civil Services positions, the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) has maintained its luster over time. The IFS officer’s primary duties include managing India’s foreign relations and engaging in diplomacy. The grade pay ranges from Rs. 5400 to Rs. 10000 with an overall IFS Officer Salary of Rs. 60000 per month.
The excellent Indian Foreign Service Salary is supplemented by free transportation, lodging, retirement benefits, pensions, and other perks for IFS officers. Here, we’ll go through the Salary Of IFS Officer In India, which is determined by rank and post, as well as any additional benefits.
IFS Officer Salary Structure
The location of the officer’s current posting affects the IFS Officer Salary. Officers who are stationed abroad will get Special Foreign Allowance, which is determined by the country’s Purchasing Power. This indicates that employees who are deployed overseas receive compensation that is different from IFS Officer Salary India. The IFS Officer Salary based on the foreign countries is shown below.
|Countries||Salary Per Month|
|Salary of IFS Officer In India||Rs. 60,000|
|Salary of IFS Officer In USA||Rs. 2.40 lakhs|
|Salary of IFS OfficerIn Germany||Approx from Rs. 4.13 lakhs to Rs. 4.94 lakhs|
|Salary of IFS Officer In UK||Approx Rs. 3.42 lakhs|
IFS Officers are paid according to the ranks assigned to them. The list of grading officers, along with their ranks and salaries, are included in the table below.
|Indian Foreign Service Salary – Grade||Rank||Basic IFS Salary per Month||IFS Officer Salary Grade Pay|
|Junior Time Scale||Under Secretary||Rs. 8000||Rs. 5400|
|Senior Time Scale||Under Secretary||Rs. 10700||Rs. 6600|
|Junior Administrative Scale||Deputy Secretary||Rs. 12750||Rs.7600|
|Selection Grade||Counselor Director||Rs. 15100||Rs. 8700|
|Senior Administrative Scale||Joint Secretary||Rs. 18400||Rs. 10000|
|High Commissioner / Ambassador||Foreign Secretary||Rs. 26000||–|
IFS Officer Salary Structure: Senior Scale
It is broken down into three main categories, and the salaries of IFS officers who fall within these tiers are listed below.
|Grade||Pay Band||Grade Pay – IFS Salary|
|Senior time Scale||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 7,600|
|Selection Grade||Rs. 37,400 – Rs. 67,000||Rs. 8,700|
|Super Time Scale||Rs. 37,400- Rs. 67,000|
IFS Officer Salary Structure: Above Super Time Scale
The salary of an Indian Foreign Service Officer above the Super Time Scale is divided into three major categories as well.
|Grade||Pay Band||Grade Pay – IFS Salary|
|Super Time Scale||Rs. 37,000 – Rs. 67,000||Rs. 12,000|
|Apex Pay Scale||Rs. 80,000||–|
|Cabinet Secretary||Rs. 90,000||–|
In Hand Salary Of IFS Officer
The IFS Officer Salary Per Month and the In Hand Salary Of IFS Officer, according to the pay band and including all allowances, is roughly 60,000. As was already noted, the sum varies depending on the posting and the resident’s nation.
IFS Officer Salary India: Job Profile
The IFS officer must deal with a wide range of issues both in India and abroad. They are as follows:
- They are in charge of External Affairs and all aspects of international relations.
- They represent India in multilateral organizations through its High Commission, Embassies, Consulates, and Permanent Mission.
- They consult with authorities and protect India’s national interests.
- Their duties also include fostering friendly relations.
- IFS officers also deal with facilities for foreigners and Indian nationals living in other countries.
Salary Of IFS Officer In India: Allowances and Benefits
The seventh pay commission is in charge of reviewing and examining IFS salaries. The 7th Pay Commission provides numerous benefits to IFS officers. When an IFS Officer advances to a senior level, his or her salary rises. In addition, IFS officers receive allowances and other benefits, such as:
- The IFS Officer’s salary is increased yearly.
- Dearness Allowance and House Rent Allowance are paid to IFS officers.
- They are also given commission cars, household helpers, and security guards.
- Medical benefits are also provided to IFS officers.
- They receive retirement benefits, a pension, and free phone calls.
- They can also get cheap two-bedroom or three-bedroom apartments.
- Gratuity is also available to IFS officers.
IFS Officer Salary India: Career Growth
IFS Officers’ salaries rise as they advance in their careers. We have covered information about an IFS officer’s career development below.
- The IFS officer begins their career as a Third Secretary and is promoted to Second Secretary once their selection is confirmed.
- They progress through various promotions to the levels of
- First secretary
- High Commissioner
- Permanent Representative
- IFS officers are also appointed as Indian Consulates Abroad at the highest level.
- In India, IFS officers hold positions such as Under Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Joint Secretary, Secretary, and Additional Secretary. And we have already mentioned the IFS Officer Salary for these levels.
IFS Officer Salary India: FAQs
The monthly IFS salary is determined by grade. You can view the details on the page above. In India, however, the average IFS salary is Rs. 60,000 per month.
House Rent Allowance and Dearness Allowance are allowances included in the IFS Officer Salary. The IFS officer also receives medical benefits, retirement benefits, a pension, and other perks.
For Junior scale grades, the IFS salary pay band ranges from 15,600 to 39,100 INR, with a grade pay of 5400.
The IFS Officer Salary ranges from Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100 on the senior time scale, with a grade pay of Rs. 6600.
In India, the IFS salary ranges from Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100, with a grade pay of Rs. 7,600.