Maharashtra Public Service Commission has released the exam calendar for the year 2021 and 2022. MPSC exam is one the most prominent civil service exams in india. Maharashtra Public Service Commission has released the notification for Assistant Section Officer and various other posts. ASO is a non-gazetted post. MPSC conducts group B subordinate examinations for this post. Applications are being invited from the eligible candidates through online mode. The exam is conducted in two stages i.e combined prelims and separate mains exam followed by an interview round.
- The applicants need to complete the registration process between 29th October 2021 to 30th november 2021.
- The exam is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, 26 Feb 2022.
- There are a total of 100 vacancies for this post.
- The mains exam will be held in May 2022 or later for the candidates who qualify the prelims exam.
- The salary range for this post is Rs. 38600-122800 plus dearness allowance.
- All candidates having a statutory university degree or any other similar qualification having a good knowledge of Marathi are eligible to appear for the exam.
|Name of Organization||Maharashtra Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Assistant Section Officer(ASO)|
|Notification Release Date||29th October 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||30th November 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||February 2022|
|Prelims Exam Date||26 February 2022|
|Result Date||To be declared soon|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Language of Exam||English and Marathi|
MPSC ASO Vacancy 2021
|General Administration Department||Assistant Section Officer||100|
|Finance Department||Sales Tax Inspector||190|
|Home Department||Sub Inspector of Police||376|
There is a possibility of change in the number of posts and reservations as per the instructions of concerned departments of government. In case of change in the number of posts and reservations, it will be included in the notification of the main examination.
MPSC ASO Apply Online
Applications will be accepted in online mode only. The candidates can apply online through the website https://mpsconline.gov.in/candidate
Here are the steps to apply online –
Step 1 – Open the MPSC ASO official website or click on the link given above.
Step 2 – Register yourself with your name, email id, and password under New user registration.
Step 3 – After your registration is completed navigate back to the login window.
Step 4 – Now login with your registered details like your reg. number and password.
Step 5 – Fill the application form carefully providing all the necessary details.
Step 6 – Upload all the necessary documents and photographs.
Step 7 – After final submission proceed to payment and complete the online payment process.
Step 8 – Do save your application form and payment receipt for future reference.
Moreover, note these points too.
- Update the account if necessary.
- Upload and submit the necessary documents within the prescribed period.
- Payment of exam fee.
- Select the desirable exam center.
- NOTE: Request for changes in the once selected district center or in the examination Sub-center fixed by the commission shall not be granted.for any reason.
Period of submission of application – From 14.00 hours on October 29, 2021 to 23.59 hours on 19th November, 2021
MPSC ASO Application Fee
- The examination fee is Rs. 394
- For backward class fee is Rs. 294
- In addition to the above exam fees, there will be additional bank charges.
- The examination fee is Non- refundable.
MPSC ASO Selection Process
The candidates are required to appear for the prelims exam. The recruitment process for various categories will be carried out as :
|S. No||Cadre||Stages||Total Marks for Pre Exam||Total Marks for Main Exam||Physical test||Interview|
|1||Assistant Section Officer||Joint Pre-Exam and separate mains Exam||100||400||–||–|
|2||Sales Tax Inspector||400||–||–|
|3||Sub Inspector of Police||Joint Pre, Separate mains, Physical test and Interview||400||100||40|
MPSC ASO Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates need to be Indian citizens.
- Age limit
|S.No.||Cadre||Date of calculation||Divyang candidate||Ex-servicemen, Emergency and minority service officers|
|1||Assistant Section officer||February 1 2022||Age upto 45 years||43|
|2||State tax inspector||January 1 2022||Age upto 45 years||43|
|3||Police sub inspector||February 1 2022||ineligible||36|
The above mentioned age limits shall not be relaxed in any other case.
MPSC ASO Educational Qualification
- The candidate should have a university degree or any other similar qualification declared by the government.
- Candidates appearing for the degree examination will be temporarily eligible for the pre- exam. However, based on the result of the joint pre-exam ,the candidates who are eligible for admission in the mains exam will be required to pass the degree examination by the last date prescribed for accepting the application for the mains exam of the respective cadre.
- A candidate should have good knowledge of the marathi language.
MPSC ASO Total Attempts
- Maximum opportunities fixed for candidates appearing in various competitive examinations are fixed.
- Maximum six opportunities will be there for non-open candidates.
- Maximum opportunity limit shall not apply to SC/ST candidates.
- A maximum of nine opportunities will be available to remaining backward class candidates.
MPSC ASO Exam Pattern 2022
The eligibility conditions mentioned above are minimum and a candidate will not be eligible for the interview as he has a minimum qualifications.
The prelims exam will be combined for all cadres. The Exam pattern is as follows:
|Stages of Exam||Total Marks|
|Physical Test only for SI of police||100w|
MPSC ASO Prelims Exam Pattern
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks allotted||Exam Duration|
|General Ability||100||100||1 Hour|
- The prelims exam consists of 100 questions of 1 mark each.
- All the Questions will be of MCQ type.
- Also, aspirants should remember that there is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
MPSC ASO Mains Exam Pattern
|Papers||Subject||Number of questions||Marks Allotted|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning and Aptitude, Mental Ability||100||200|
- The Mains exam consists of two papers namely paper 1 and paper 2.
- The total marks allotted are 400.
- Time given for each section is 1 hour.
MPSC ASO Syllabus
Candidates are required to check the detailed syllabus for MPSC ASO Exam 2021. You need to be well versed with each and every topic mentioned in the syllabus. For your reference we have provided the topic wise syllabus for each subject.
1. Quantum Chemistry.
2. Chemical Kinetics and Thermodynamics.
3. Nuclear Chemistry.
5. Organometallic compounds, Bioinorganic chemistry, and Polymers.
6. Organic reaction mechanism and Stereochemistry.
7. Natural Products and Drugs.
8. Poisons and Pesticides.
9. Analytical Chemistry and Instrumental methods
1. Mathematical Methods.
2. Classical Mechanics and Relativity.
3. Quantum Theory and its Applications.
4. Electromagnetic Theory.
5. Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics.
6. Atomic and Molecular Physics.
7. Condensed Matter Physics.
8. Nuclear and Particle Physics.
9. Electronics Devices & Applications
10. Digital Electronics and Microprocessor.
11. Experimental Physics.
1. Indian History.
2. History of Maharashtra.
3. Maharashtra Geography.
4. Nagarik Shastra.
5. Bharatiya Rajputana.
6. Pancha Varshik Yojana.
1. Common Vocabulary.
2. Sentence structure.
4. Idioms & Phrases.
5. Comprehension of passage.
2. Shudh Lekhan Va Viramchihne Yaanche Niyam.
3. Shabdanchya Jati Arth.
4. Vakya Prakar.
5. Shabd Siddhi.
6. Paribhashik Shabd.
7. Vakpracharancha Arth Va Upyog.
8. Sarvsamany Shabd Sangrah.
11. Mahni or Varchar Yanch Ardh.
12. Vakyat Upyog Thasech Prasnanch Uttara.
Numerical and logical reasoning
1. Numeric Series.
2. Alphabet Series.
3. Test of Direction Sense.
5. Number Ranking.
6. Arithmetic Reasoning.
7. The problem of Age Calculation.
9. Decision Making etc.
10. Non-Verbal Series.
11. Mirror Images.
12. Cubes & Dice.
13. Grouping Identical Figures.
14. Embedded figures, etc.
MPSC ASO Exam Dates
The MPSC has released the ASO exam date. The exam date for MPSC ASO preliminary exam is Sunday, 26 February 2022.
|Exam Events||Dates(2020 Cycle)||Dates(2021 Cycle)|
|Prelims exam||4th September 2021||26th February 2022|
|Prelims admit card||25th August 2021||To be Notified|
|Mains exam||22nd January 2022 and 5th February 2022||To be Notified|
|Mains admit card||Yet to be released||To be Notified|
|Mains result date||Yet to be released||To be Notified|
MPSC ASO Admit card
The admission certificates of the candidates admitted for the examination will be made available online on the commission’s website. Usually the admit card is released 7 days before the exam. Aspirants can download their admit cards from the official website
. The link will be activated soon. Once the admit cards are released the candidates will be notified via SMS to the mobile number registered with the commission.
MPSC ASO Result
- A separate pre-exam result will be declared for all the three categories based on common pre-examination by determining the number of candidates to be eligible for the main exam of the respective cadre.
- Candidates will be required to apply separately for the mains exam for each cadre.
- The marks of the pre-exam will not be considered for selection.
MPSC ASO Salary 2022
The salary for ASO post is Rs. 38600-122800 plus D.A and other allowances payable as per rules.
After the candidates have cleared both the pre and mains exam, a final merit list will be released. The candidates join MPSC as group B employees in Maharashtra Government. They get various perks and benefits like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Medical facilities, Gratuity, Pension, Insurance, Children education allowance etc.
MPSC ASO Cut Off 2022
You can check the previous year MPSC ASO cut off from here. Generally the cut off range is between 50-60. For the year 2019, the ASO cut off for general category was 57.
MPSC ASO Prelims exam 2020 cut off
|Category||Sub category||Cut off Marks|
|Divyang||Blindness or low vision||43.28|
MPSC ASO Prelims Cut-Off Marks 2019
MPSC ASO Prelims Cut-Off Marks 2018
MPSC ASO Mains Cut-Off Marks 2019
MPSC ASO Recommended books for Preparation
To ace any exam you need to have a good set of books that will guide you towards success. So, if you’re planning to start preparation for MPSC ASO then find below the list of books you need to refer.
|Current Affairs||The Hindu/ Indian Express Newspapers||–|
|Loksatta / Maharashtra Times Newspapers||–|
|Geography||Oxford Student Atlas for India||Oxford|
|Maharashtracha Bhugol||A. B. Savadi|
|History||आधुनिक महाराष्ट्राचा इतिहास||एस.एस गाठाळ.|
|आधुनिक महाराष्ट्राचा इतिहास||अनिल कठारे|
|Civics||Indian Polity||M Laxmikant.|
|भारताची राज्यघटना आणि प्रशासन||रंजन कोळंबे|
|Economy||SPARDHA PARIKSHA ARTHASHASTRA||Kiran Desle|
|भारतीय अर्थव्यवस्था||रंजन कोळंबे|
|General Science||State Board Books||–|
|English||High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Wren and Martin|
MPSC ASO FAQs
The exam is conducted at designated centers within Maharashtra state.
MPSC ASO exam is conducted in two languages namely English and Marathi.
For the current year there are 100 posts.
Yes 1/4th marks will be deducted for 1 wrong answer.
For downloading admit cards, go to the official MPSC website.
Yes, Marathi language is compulsory for MPSC ASO Exam