The selection process for the MPSC PSI Recruitment is divided into 4 phases Prelims, Mains, Physical and Interview. Each phase is qualifying in nature. Aspirants who will qualify be allowed to take the next phase of the MPSC PSI Exam.
Preliminary exam- Consist of 100 marks: The preliminary exam will be conducted for 100 marks and For the next stage i.e. the main examination, those aspirants who qualified or clear cut-off marks in the prelims will be selected for the main exam
- Mains exam- Consist of 200 marks: This round will consist of two papers i.e. I and II. Paper, I will be common for all the candidates. Paper II will vary because of the choice of post.
- Physical test- Consist of 100 marks: The aspirants who qualify for the main examination will be selected for the PST. then Organization will check if candidates are physically fit for the position or not.
- Interview- Carries 40 marks: Candidates who qualify for the PST will then be called for the final round i.e. Personal Interview. Questions related to the post or field shall be asked to the candidates during this round. Thus candidates are advised to prepare accordingly.
- After that according to this, a merit list will be prepared by the board or organization with respect to the vacancies under specific categories given by the organization or MPSC and then joining will be given to selected aspirants for the post of MPSC PSI.
Requirements of Physical Standards for MPSC PSI Selection Process
Aspirants will have to attempt a Physical Standards test which will help the Committee or organization to examine if a particular aspirant is fit or not. These are the minimum requirements for this PST for both male and female aspirants.
|Type of candidate||Iron Ball throw||Pull-ups||Long Jump||Race||Brisk Walking|
|Male Candidates||7.260 kg||8||–||800 meters||Not applicable|
|Female Candidates||4 kg||Not applicable||Not applicable||1000 meters||3 km|
Eligibility Criteria is also a selection part for this post MPSC PSI. Aspirants need to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria in order to be eligible for this examination. The ones who do not fulfil the requirement then the aspirants will be disqualified from the selection procedure. These are the factor.
Aspirants must be Indian citizens
The minimum age of aspirants is 19 years and the maximum age is 31years. The upper age limit for reserved category candidates is up to 34 years. Age relaxation varies according to category. There is a relaxation of 4-8years for every individual category as given below in the table.
|Category||Maximum Age Limit|
|Proficient player||36 years|
|Proficient player (Reserved)||39 years|
|Ex-Serviceman (Reserved)||39 years|
Following are the physical requirements for getting selected under the MPSC PSI post.
- For males: height= 165cm (minimum), chest= 79cm without expansion and capacity to expand is 5cm.
- For females: height= 157cm, no chest measurements are required.
- Aspirants with disabilities are not eligible for this post.
MPSC PSI Selection Process – FAQs
Its elimination or rejection of as many aspirants as possible for identifying the right aspirants for the position because this Selection is called a negative process.
There are the 4 steps Prelims, Mains, Physical, and Interview.
165cm is the minimum height of a male.
31 years is the max-age limit for a general candidate.