PICT Pune Admission 2022 – The Pune Institute of Computer Technology provides admission to undergraduate (BE, B. Tech) and postgraduate (ME, M. Tech) courses. Admission to undergraduate courses is handled through the MHT CET/JEE Main main review, whereas admission to postgraduate courses is handled through the GATE examination followed by the counselling process.
Candidates applying for any of the available courses must check the Pune Institute of Computer Technology’s eligibility criteria for that course.
- Aspirants interested in B.Tech or BE courses at PICT must take the MHT CET or JEE Main, or both, as admissions are based on the results of these exams.
- Candidates who wish to pursue M.Tech or ME at the Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune, must take GATE, as their scores will be considered for admission alongside their graduation marks.
- Candidates can read the detailed admission processes and find all other information about the Pune Institute of Computer Technology admission procedure listed below:
PICT Pune Admission 2022 Overview
|Established | Institute Type||1983 l Private|
|Affiliated to||SPPU, Pune|
|Entrance Exam||MHCET, JEE MAIN, GATE|
|Courses offered||B.E, M.E & Phd|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance test merit|
|Top Recruiters||HSBC, Deutsche Bank|
|Facilities available||Hostel, High speed internet, Sports|
PCIT Selection Process for UG and PG Courses
Admission Procedure for PCIT B.Tech- Candidates who wish to apply for admission must ensure that they meet the PCIT B.Tech eligibility requirements. Candidates must then follow the admissions procedures outlined below. They ought to
- Fill out and submit the online PICT application form.
- Take either the JEE Main or the MHT CET exam.
- To qualify, you must have completed the PICT B.Tech cutoff.
- Shortlisted candidates must then participate in the counselling process.
- They must complete the PICT admissions process and pay the fee after receiving their seat assignment.
M.Tech Admission at Pune Institute of Computer Technology
M.Tech applicants must follow the admissions procedures. They ought to
- Fill out the PICT online application form.
- Attend and pass the GATE entrance exam.
- Should meet the M.Tech. cutoff criteria.
- Participate in the PICT M.Tech counselling process.
- Following seat assignment, complete the formalities
Admission to the Pune Institute of Computer Technology
Undergraduate (BE/B.Tech) Course
- Students must pass the MHT CET Exam/Joint Entrance Test (JEE Main Paper 1).
- Eligible applicants must register for the therapy phase based on their key MHT CET/JEE scores and select PICT as their preference.
- Qualified applicants must apply for therapy at the state level using the Common Admission Process (CAP). CAP may have one to three admission rounds.
Admissions to the Pune Institute of Computer Technology
Candidates interested in enrolling in any of the courses offered by the Pune Institute of Computer Technology should keep a close eye on upcoming dates and events to ensure that no deadlines are missed. Candidates must fill out an online application form, which will be available in January. The following is a detailed admission procedure:
- To gain admission to the Pune Institute of Computer Technology, candidates must take either the MHT CET or the JEE Main entrance exams.
- Candidates must fill out the Pune Institute of Computer Technology application form separately.
- The MHT CET and JEE Main scores will be used to create the merit list.
- Shortlisted candidates would then be required to attend a counselling session in order to gain admission to PICT (Pune Institute of Computer Technology).
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech programmes at the Pune Institute of Computer Technology must present the following documents at the time of admission:
- Class 10th or equivalent mark sheet and passing certificate
- Mark sheet and Class 12th or equivalent passing certificate
- Certificate of Character
- Certificate of Migration
- Certificate of Category (if applicable)
- Certificate of transfer
- Maharashtra Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
PICT Pune Admission 2022 Postgraduate (ME/M.Tech) Program
- Applicants must register for the GATE Exam (Graduate Aptitude Examination in Engineering).
- Qualifying applicants must register, appear, and select PICT as their choice for the counselling process.
- Qualified applicants must use the Common Admission Process to apply for therapy at the state level (CAP). CAP may have one to three rounds of admission.
PICT Pune Admission 2022 FAQs
The Pune Institute of Computer Technology provides undergraduate and graduate programmes. Undergraduate courses include computer engineering, information technology, electronics, and telecommunications engineering. M.Tech/ME programmes in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Data Science, and Wireless Communication Technology are also available at the college.
Candidates must have passed the HSC or an equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, as well as one of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, or Technical or Vocational subjects, with a minimum of 50 percent (45 percent for reserved category) aggregate marks.
The candidate must have completed his/her graduation in Engineering with a minimum of 50% (45% for the reserved category) from any recognised board or university in IT/CS Engineering.
Admissions would be based on a merit list compiled from MHT CET or JEE Main scores. Candidates must achieve the cutoff marks in one or both of these exams.
Admission would be based on a merit list compiled using GATE scores. Graduation marks would also be taken into account.