Speech on United Nations Day in English: The United Nations Day holiday is observed annually on October 24. It honors the United Nations’ formal founding in 1945. The UN was formally established on this day when the UN Charter was accepted by a majority of signatories, including the five permanent members of the Security Council. In 1948, the Day was first observed. The UN also advised the member states to commemorate it as a public holiday in 1971.
Despite the fact that it is not a public holiday, people gather and celebrate the day in a big way in many different places throughout the world. To commemorate the occasion and spread the message of diversity and unity, parades, speeches, and banners representing many nationalities are organized.
Check the Police Commemoration Day Speech 2022 here!
10 Lines Speech on United Nations Day in English
Check 10 lines speech on the United Nations Day in India below:
- Every year on October 24, the United Nations (UN) Day is celebrated to mark the organization’s formal founding in 1945.
- The principal objective of the United Nations, an intergovernmental body, is to uphold world peace and security.
- It is crucial for promoting international collaboration, and cordial ties between nations, and serving as a hub for international coordination.
- On October 24, 1945, the UN was established. Franklin D. Roosevelt, the president of the United States, came up with the name “United Nations,” which was first used in the organization’s charter on January 1, 1942, during the Second World War.
- The day is observed as a public holiday in several nations, while other nations celebrate with awareness campaigns, cultural performances, etc.
- Since 1946, the US president has issued a proclamation to mark United Nations Day, but in other nations, such as Kosovo, where the Interim Administration Mission is in charge of running the province, the holiday is observed as an official non-working day.
- When the UN was first established, it had 51 members. There are currently 193 Member States in it. Each of the United Nations’ 193 Member States has one representative in the General Assembly.
- There are numerous organs inside the organization, including the General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council, Trusteeship Council, International Court of Justice, and UN Secretariat.
- The five permanent members of the Security Council and the majority of other signatories approved the UN Charter on this day, resulting in the UN’s formal formation.
- The main objective was to promote international cooperation in the wake of the League of Nations’ failure. In other terms, it was an attempt to stop the outbreak of a conflict similar to World War II.
Checkout the Speech on Diwali here!
Short Speech on United Nations Day in English
This United Nations Day Short Speech is helpful for students of primary and upper primary classes. Check below.
Good Morninig Everyone!
My name is [Mention Your Name] and I am a student of class [Mention Your Class]. As we all know today we have gathered here to celebrate the United Nations Day 2022.
The United Nations, commonly known as the UN, was established on October 24, 1945, which is a very long time ago. Maintaining global peace and security, establishing friendly ties between nations, attaining global collaboration in problem-solving and promoting respect for human rights, and acting as a hub to coordinate international efforts are its four main objectives. It is today the biggest international organization, and it promotes international collaboration and creates the foundation for efforts to create a better world. This organization deserves recognition for the many years of effort it has put in, and its past is rich with intriguing details, well-known figures, and significant difficulties.
Every year on October 24, the world celebrates the anniversary of the official establishment of the United Nations through the 1945 UN Charter. Despite the fact that it is not a public holiday, people gather and celebrate the day in a big way in many different places throughout the world. To commemorate the occasion and spread the message of diversity and unity, parades, speeches, and banners representing many nationalities are organized.
The importance of UN Day resides in its appreciation of diversity. The world’s various cultures, faiths, and languages are recognized on this day. Today is a recognised holiday honouring the diversity of cultures, faiths, and tongues found around the world. On this day, nations join forces to promote concepts of peace and harmony among individuals from different origins.
Every 24 October, we commemorate the founding of the United Nations, which is well known for its work in peacekeeping, humanitarian aid, disaster relief, and promoting international harmony. This serves as a reminder of the importance of; peace, equality, unity, diversity,The spirit of international cooperation etc.
Long Speech on United Nations Day in English
This United Nations Day Long Speech sample can be used by college and university students. Find the UN Speech in English below.
Good morning members present in the house. Greetings, my name is (mention your name), a graduate-level student(replace it with your degree). Today is United Nations Day, and I’d like to honor this day by speaking a few lines on the topic.
United Nations Day is a worldwide holiday that is observed on a global level in order to recognize all the good deeds the organization has accomplished through its network of several specialized agencies and to honor all the work it has done to advance world peace. The goal of the day is to promote international harmony and the use of peaceful means of conflict resolution.
The day of the United Nations in 2022 is Thursday, October 24. After World War II, people realised how important it was to prevent future wars between nations. As a result, in an effort to stop similar destructive battles in the future, the United Nations (UN) was established in 1945. The day offers all nations and people a wonderful opportunity to appreciate the importance of a peaceful world and motivates them to work toward creating one that is happier, more peaceful, secure, and better.
In addition to preserving peace and security, other crucial goals include promoting friendly relations between nations based on respect for the ideas of equal rights and peoples’ right to self-determination, achieving international cooperation to address global issues of economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian nature, upholding and promoting human rights, and acting as a hub where nations can coordinate their efforts toward these various goals.
The UN organizes events, lectures, and guided tours to observe United Nations Day and educate the public. One of the greatest ways to celebrate the day would be to learn everything there is to know about its creation, evolution, context, effects, etc. People like honoring the day by taking part in a variety of events, such as attending a seminar or demonstration, organising awareness campaigns, posting on social media, etc.
A society that had experienced two world wars and was unequal with a low education rate, limited access to healthcare, and poor infrastructure was given hope by the UN. However, in more than 70 years, it has made significant contributions that have been documented in books, encyclopaedias, and websites devoted to history and fascinating information. In a review of the ODSs, we want to be able to acknowledge them and celebrate their continued empowerment.
FAQ on the United Nations Day
“Resilience of Older Persons in a Changing World” will serve as the main topic for the 2022 International Day of Older Persons at the United Nations. The NGO Committees on Aging in New York, Geneva, and Vienna will each take a distinctive and complementary approach to the overarching theme as they celebrate this theme.
The major goals of the United Nations are to uphold international peace and security as well as encourage cooperation between nations to address global issues that are economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian.
The celebration of United Nations Day honors the day that 51 nations joined forces to advance international peace following World War II.
Numerous events are held to mark the day each year by the international network of UN Information Centers.
From the original 51 Member States in 1945 to the present 193 Member States, the UN has increased its membership. The General Assembly is comprised of every member state of the UN.