In India, December 7 is recognized as Armed Forces Flag Day each year to honor the soldiers who died and uniformed men who defended the country against all dangers. This day is devoted to the soldiers who defended the honor and safety of their nation by defending its borders. Many brave souls have given their lives while defending the nation. To increase public awareness of people who work on the three services for the general public across India, the day has been observed since 1949. Read the article and find out the Indian Armed Forces Flag Day speech sample below.
10 Lines Speech on Indian Armed Forces Flag Day
The 10 lines on Indian Armed Forces Flag Day are provided here for children to read and understand better about this day.
- Every year on December 7, the United States military observes Flag Day.
- It is a day set aside for all Indians to show their appreciation for veterans of the military and to remember those who lost their lives while serving.
- The main goal of the day is to notice the issues with rehabilitation, serving personnel welfare, and veteran resettlement.
- In 1949, the first Flag Day event was held.
- The purpose of this day is to raise awareness of the duty of the civilian population to care for the families and dependents of the armed services who make such great sacrifices for the welfare and security of the entire nation.
- The Armed Forces Flag Day Fund was created in 1993 by consolidating all the funds under the direction of a committee appointed by the defence minister.
- The Kendriya Sainik Board is in charge of managing the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF). The Defence Minister at the Center and the Governors or Lieutenant Governors at the State or Union Territory level are in charge of the Fund.
- During the event, members of the public and volunteers raise money by selling flags, batches, and other products to citizens.
- Red, dark blue, and light blue flags are displayed everywhere. The Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy are the three distinct defence forces that are each represented by a different hue.
- The army, navy, and air force—the three branches of the Indian armed forces—conduct performances, carnivals, and other entertainment events to raise public awareness of their missions on this day. All across the nation are small flags representing the three services.
Short Speech on Indian Armed Forces Flag Day
Greetings to all! As you are all aware, today is Indian Armed Forces Flag Day. In honor of this important day, I would like to present an Indian Armed Forces Flag Day.
Since 1949, December 7 has been designated as Indian Armed Forces Flag Day to celebrate the country’s troops, sailors, and pilots who defended the honour of their nation by fighting in border conflicts. It is a day set aside for raising money from the public to support the welfare of service members. The Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy, the three components of the Armed Forces, arrange a number of programmes to highlight their contributions to national security.
In the continued fight against cross-border terrorism and insurgency, the Armed Forces suffer heavy casualties and a large number of soldiers suffer disabilities. They require rehabilitation in order to maintain their dignity and avoid becoming a financial burden on their families. Ex-servicemen who are afflicted with major illnesses like cancer, heart conditions, and joint replacement require aid since they cannot pay the enormous expense of care. Additionally, roughly 60,000 defense employees retire compelled each year. The responsibility of the nation to care for its disabled soldiers, widows, and dependents of those who have given their lives in defence of the nation is highlighted on Flag Day. The money raised on Flag Day is used for the welfare of current and former service members as well as for the rehabilitation of combat casualties. On this day, miniature flags are also given out in exchange for donations.Thus, commemorating Flag Day also means making a sacrifice for our country’s integrity and safety. Therefore, it is our duty to honour their generous donation on Flag Day by purchasing the miniature flags being sold by volunteers.
Check the latest updates below-
Long Speech on Indian Armed Forces Flag Day
This Indian Armed Forces Flag Day Speech sample can be used by college and university students. Find the Indian Armed Forces Flag Day Speech below.
Greetings to all! As you are all aware, today is Indian Armed Forces Flag Day. In honor of this important day, I would like to present a speech on Indian Armed Forces Flag Day.
In India, December 7 is recognized as Armed Forces Flag Day each year to honor the soldiers who died and uniformed men who defended the country against all dangers. Since 1949, December 7 has been commemorated as National Armed Forces Staff Appreciation Day throughout the nation in an effort to raise money for the improvement of the armed forces staff. This day is commemorated every year as a mark of respect for India’s servicemen and women in the armed forces.
Several members of the armed forces have given their lives in defence of the nation. Armed Forces Flag Day is so observed on December 7 in remembrance of those who have died in the line of duty and to raise money from the general public for the welfare of those who serve in the armed forces.
Armed Forces Flag Day’s primary goal is to raise money from the public by selling batches, stickers, and other products for the benefit of the military personnel. The Ministry of Defense decided to observe this day in honour of the soldiers, sailors, and airmen on August 28, 1949. The purpose of this day of celebration is to honour the brave and martyred troops and to improve community harmony. The purpose of the yearly event is to promote relocation, rehabilitation, and the general welfare of former service members. Consequently, the Armed Forces Flag Day ceremony strengthens the cultural ties between Indians and members of the armed forces.
In India, Armed Forces Flag Day is observed yearly to honour the nation’s sacrifices made by Army, Air Force, and Navy troops. The following goals are achieved by having the general public actively participate in and support this event around the nation:
- To let the relatives of war victims know about the availability of rehabilitation.
- To take measures for the well-being of serving troops and their families.
- To support the reintegration and wellbeing of the former service members and their families.
When this festival is being celebrated, volunteers and members of the general public around India raise money by selling coupon flags, stickers, and other goods. In many ways, this contributes to increasing the amount of money raised by ordinary folks. The Indian Armed Forces staff’s welfare is supported by these funds.
It is a moment for Indians to show their gratitude and respect to the nation’s active-duty and retired military people and to remember those who gave their lives protecting the nation.
FAQs on Indian Armed Forces Flag Day Speech
Every year on December 7, Indian Armed Forces Flag Day, real-life military superheroes are recognized.
In order to highlight to the general public the efforts of its soldiers to maintain national security, the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy organize a variety of shows, carnivals, dramas, and other entertainment activities on Flag Day.
In some areas, Armed Forces formations and units also organize variety of performances, carnivals, dramas, and other forms of entertainment. Small flags and automobile flags in red, deep blue, and light blue signifying the three Services are distributed throughout the country in exchange for donations.
On this day, we commemorate and celebrate the courageous and noble members of the armed forces who gave their lives in service to their country.
You can donate to the AFFDF by check or demand draught made out to “Armed Forces Flag Day Fund” and payable to “New Delhi, India.”