International Yoga Day Quiz. Yoga has numerous physical and mental health benefits. It is a priceless ancient Indian practice. Yoga will help to maintain physical and mental well-being during a pandemic when people are tense, there are restrictions on people’s movement, and so on.
On June 21, the world celebrates World Yoga Day. The disease and isolation have an impact not only on the patient’s physical health but also on his emotional health and that of his family members. Yoga can help with these kinds of issues. It aids in the development of psycho-physiological health, emotional harmony, and the management of daily stress and its consequences.
International Yoga Day Quiz & History
World Yoga Day is another name for the International Day of Yoga. It was observed for the first time on June 21, 2015. This initiative was taken by India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who delivered an impactful speech about yoga at the United Nations General Assembly on September 27, 2014, and as a result, on June 21, it was declared “International Yoga Day.” On December 11, 2014, 193 members voted to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on June 21 in the United States.
The proposal to celebrate International Yoga Day on June 21 was supported by more than 170 countries, according to Sam Kutesa, President of the United Nations General Assembly. As a result, people are aware of the benefits of yoga, some of which are visible and some of which are not.
How did Yoga arrive in India?
Since pre-Vedic times, yoga has been practiced in India. For many years, this has been a part of the Indian way of life. Yoga is an important part of Indian culture and civilization, with properties that include both physical and spiritual uplift. This is the perfect balance of knowledge, karma, and devotion.
International Yoga Day Quiz & Objective
- Create awareness of the benefits of yoga and connect people with nature.
- To reduce the global prevalence of health-threatening diseases.
- Disseminating growth, development, and peace around the world.
- Raising awareness of physical and mental illnesses and offering solutions through yoga. It also aims to develop a meditation habit for peace of mind and self-awareness, both of which are required to survive in a stress-free environment.
Benefits of Doing Yoga
- Yoga benefits both the body and the mind.
- With regular yoga practice, all health-related issues can be overcome.
- Yoga not only gives you mental peace, but it also creates a peaceful environment.
- Yoga is also required because our lifestyle is changing on a daily basis. It can also assist us in dealing with climate change.
- Yoga strengthens the muscles as well as the entire body.
- Yoga improves the respiratory process and increases energy and power in the body.
- Maintains a healthy metabolism in humans.
World Yoga Day Theme & Quiz
The 8th International Yoga Day 2022 will be observed worldwide under the theme ‘Yoga for Humanity. The theme was chosen with the important role yoga has played in dealing with COVID-19 in mind. This holistic practice not only benefits the mind and body, but also instills love, generosity, and compassion in others. The previous year’s theme for this day was Yoga for well-being.
Also, Read About International Yoga Day essay.
World Yoga Day Quiz Question and Answers
1) How many steps are there in Surya Namaskara or Sun Salutation?
2) Which Veda mentions about the elements of yoga?
Ans: Rig veda
3) Celebration of International Yoga in India is done by which ministry?
Ans: Ministry of Ayush
4) Which International Day of Yoga event created a Guinness World Record?
Ans: June 21, 2018
5) Who had introduced yoga first time to the western world in a religion conference Chicago, America?
Ans: Swami Vivekananda
6) Who wrote the book “Light on Yoga,” an influential illustrated guide to yoga poses?
Ans: B.K.S. Iyengar
7) Where was the resolution of celebrating International Day of Yoga passed?
Ans: UN, General Assembly
8) When was the first International Yoga Day observed in India?
Ans: 21 June 2015