The Indian Revenue Service Officer position is covered by applicants due to the salary and other benefits that come with it. Government income is collected by the Indian Income Service. The position within the central and regime departments largely affects the IRS officer salary. An IRS officer’s compensation is set by the 7th Pay Commission, which is currently in effect. The benefits and perks that an IRS officer receives go far beyond their generous compensation.
The monthly compensation for an IRS officer and the IRS salary based on their jobs will be covered in detail in this article. We will also go through the perks and other benefits that an IRS officer in India receives.
|TCS Innovator Salary
|IRB Police Salary
|TCS B Band Salary Hike
|Rajasthan Computer Anudeshak Salary
|CM Rise School Teacher Salary
|MARCOS Commando Salary
|ISRO Technical Assistant Salary
|Haryana Kaushal Rojgar Nigam Salary
Table of Contents
Salary Structure of An IRS Officer
An IRS officer is also entitled to the remuneration that is allowed by the rules of the 7th Pay Commission. The IRS Officer’s compensation ranges from Rs 21,500 for an entry-level position (without TA, DA, and HRA) to Rs 80,000 for a Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax. We have included the postings of an IRS officer and their salaries in ascending order to make it easier for candidates to understand the history of the positions and their pay scales. Please review the IRS officer salary as well as the grade pay that applies under the rules of the 7th Pay Commission.
|IRS Officer Salary Post Wise as per the 7th Pay Commission Norms
|Name Of The Post
|Monthly Salary After Addition
|Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax
|15,600- 39,100 INR
|Rs. 56,100 – 1,77,500
|Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax
|15,600- 39,100 INR
|Rs. 67,700 – 2,08,700
|Joint Commissioner of Income Tax
|15,600- 39,100 INR
|Rs. 78,800 – 2,09,200
|Additional Commissioner of Income Tax
|37,400- 67,000 INR
|Rs. 1,23,100 – 2,15,900
|Commissioner of Income Tax
|37,400- 67,000 INR
|Rs. 1,44,200 – 2,18,200
|Principal Commissioner of Income Tax
|67,000- 79,000 INR
|Rs. 1,82,200 – 2,24,100
|Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
|75,500- 80,000 INR
|Rs. 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
|Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
|INR 80,000 Fixed
|Rs. 2,25,000 (Fixed)
IRS Officer Salary: Rank Wise
Indian Revenue Service agents are assigned to the Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax position following the training phase. The wage range for an IRS officer in this post is between Rs. 56,100 and Rs. 1,77,500 per month, with a pay grade of Rs. 5,400 and a pay band of Rs. 15,600-39,100.
- The Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax is the position below an Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax. The monthly wage range for this post is between Rs. 15,600 and Rs. 39,100, with a grade pay of Rs. 6,600.
- An IRS officer assigned to the position of Head/Special Secretary of government agencies receives a salary between Rs. 15,600 and Rs. 39,100 for the position of Joint Commissioner of Income Tax, with a grade rate of Rs. 7,600.
- The IRS employees are promoted to the post of Additional Commissioner of Income Tax after serving for a few years as Joint Commissioners of Income Tax. An IRS Officer in this capacity makes between Rs. 37,400 and Rs. 67,000 per year, with a Rs. 8,700 grade pay.
- The monthly salary for the Principal Commissioner of Income Tax is between Rs. 75,500 and Rs. 80,000.
IRS Officer In-Hand Salary
In-hand salary is the amount payable at the end of the month after all the deductions and adding the allowances. Aspirants often get confused with the salary payable and the in hand salary. An IRS Officer Salary is what an officer is entitled to receive, and the IRS In Hand Salary is what amount gets credited to the bank account of the officers at the end of the month after all the deductions and adding all the allowances.
IRS Officer Salary Slip
The amount due at the end of the month after all deductions and allowances is known as the “in-hand salary.” The difference between the paycheck due and the salary received frequently confuses aspirants. An officer is entitled to an IRS Officer Salary, and the IRS In Hand Salary is the amount that is credited to the officers’ bank accounts at the end of the month after all deductions and allowances have been made.
IRS Officer Probation Period
Applicants hired by the Indian Revenue Service after passing the UPSC Civil Services Examination must go through training in order to comprehend the work profile, responsibilities, and duties assigned to an IRS Officer, as well as the level of work pressure they will experience while in service. New recruits are trained on the Indian Taxation System, Accounting, Fiscal Policy, Tax Laws, and many other topics during this time, which is also referred to as the Probation Period. They are then rigorously evaluated on the basis of their performances, their ability to grasp and comprehend the training process, and their performance in accordance with the duties and responsibilities that have been given to them. An IRS officer is on probation for 16 months.
IRS Officer Salary: Perks and Benefits
As a civil service officer, an IRS officer is entitled to a range of benefits and perks in addition to their salary. Here are some of the benefits they receive:
- Medical Leave: IRS officers are entitled to medical leave and may receive a medical allowance if they require medical attention.
- Official Vehicles: Depending on their rank, IRS officers are provided with one or two or three official vehicles for their use, along with drivers. These vehicles are equipped with siren lights.
- Security: IRS officers are provided with security in the form of 3 house guards and 2 bodyguards. If there is a threat, special security forces will be made available to the officer.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): The HRA amount varies depending on the type of city an officer is posted in. For officers working in X category cities, the HRA is 24%. For Y category cities, it is 16%, and for Z category cities, it is 8%. However, an officer is only eligible for HRA if they do not use official housing.
- Electricity Bills: The electricity consumption in the departmental housing of IRS officers is either free or significantly subsidized.
- Travel Allowance (TA): IRS officers receive a Travel Allowance to cover their relevant travel costs.
- Service Quarters: IRS officers are provided with a service quarter where they are posted, in addition to housing in the state capital.
- Phone Bills: IRS officers are provided with three BSNL SIM cards with free talk time, SMS, and internet access, as well as a free broadband connection and a BSNL landline at home.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): The Dearness Allowance component of an IRS Officer’s salary is adjusted every six months in January and July of each year, in accordance with the inflation index (Consumer Price Index). The DA can now reach up to 125% because it excludes the Transport Allowance.
- Job Security: IRS officers enjoy job security, and it is difficult to fire an officer without a thorough investigation, as required by the constitution.
- Post-Retirement Benefits: Upon retirement, IRS officers are entitled to a lifetime pension and other benefits. If an officer passes away after retirement, their spouse is also eligible to receive the same benefits.
FAQs on IRS Officer Salary
As required by the 7th Pay Commission, the IRS officer’s remuneration is Rs 25,500. Along with a salary, an IRS officer also receives benefits such as the Dearness Allowance and Travel Allowance.
Their roles affect their IRS officer salary. However, the first IRS salary ranges from Rs. 56,100 to Rs. 1,77,500 per month, with a Rs. 5,400 grade rate. With each promotion, the income and grade pay grew.
Yes, IRS officers are paid while they are in training.
An IRS officer receives Travel Allowance (TA), Dearness Allowance (DA), and City Compensatory Allowance (CCA) in addition to their income. Dearness allowance is money added to the base salary due to inflation, and CCA is paid for higher cost of living locations.
The highest Indian Revenue Service salary is Rs. 2,25,000 for the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax. This level has no grade pay, and the pay band is fixed at Rs. 80,000.