Last updated on December 9th, 2022 at 10:53 am
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) invites applications to recruit for various posts every year. The organisation is under the Ministry of Education, Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India. This year, the recruitment process for the post of principal is around the corner. Once the selection is done, the applicants will be posted all over KVS schools in India.
This article shares every important detail such as KVS Principal Eligibility Criteria 2023, the selection process and more. Continue reading to know more!
Eligibility Criteria for KVS Principal 2023: Key Highlights
The table shows the main highlights for the Eligibility Criteria for KVS Principal 2023.
|Recruitment Body||KVS Sangathan|
|Recruitment Name||KVS Principal Recruitment 2023|
|Number of Vacancies||239|
|Application Start Date||5th December 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||26th December 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Exam (Expected)|
Download PDF to learn more about the KVS Principal Eligibility Criteria 2023!
KVS Principal Eligibility Criteria 2023: Details
Applicants who want to serve as a principal under the Kendriya Vidyalaya must know the Eligibility Criteria for Principal in KVS so they would not face any problems during the form-filling process. They must check the eligibility criteria including age limit, educational qualifications, and others. Here, we have provided the expected eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to meet. Eligibility for Principal in KVS is given under this section as follows:
- Candidates must possess a master’s degree in 45% from a recognized university to apply for the post of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) principal.
- They must also have a B.Ed. or Equivalent Teaching Degree along with a Master’s Degree.
- The minimum required age to become a Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti (KVS) principal should be 35 years.
- The maximum required age to become a Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti (KVS) principal should be 50 years.
- Candidates who are working for the State/ Central Govt/ Autonomous Organization Of State/ Central Govt as a Vice-Principal/ Asstt. They should have 7 years of experience, If they are working in Level-10 (Rs 56100 -177500) Pay Matrix on the basis of Education Officer. Out of seven years of experience, two years of experience should be as Vice-Principal.
- If you work for a State/ Central Govt/ Autonomous Organization Of State/ Central Govt in Level-8 (Rs 4760000-151100) pay matrix on the basis of a PGT/ Lecturer, then the total work experience should be 8 years as A PGT/ Lecturer.
- If you work for a State/ Central Govt/ Autonomous Organization Of State/ Central Govt as a PGT/ Lecturer in Level-8 and get a TGT Level-7 Pay Matrix, then the total work experience should be 15 years including both, in which 3 years of experience should be of PGT.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti (KVS) Principal 2023: Pay Scale
After having the vital information about the Principal Eligibility in KVS, we will know the pay scale for the same.
|Pay Scale||Level -12 (Rs. 78800 – 209200) in Pay Matrix|
|Dearness Allowances||34% of Basic (78800 * 34/100 = 26792)|
|Total Salary||788800 +26792 + Medical Allowances + Other Allowances|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti (KVS) Principal 2023: Selection Process
Candidates who want to be recruited as a Principal under the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan recruitment must have cleared all the stages of the selection process. Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti’s (KVS) selection process for the post of Principle comprises a CBT (Computer Based Test). On the basis of the merit of the Online Computer Based Test, candidates will be called for an interview.
Check the latest updates below-
KVS Principal Recruitment 2023: Application Process
If candidates meet the Eligibility for KVS Principal can apply online from the official website of the KVS. Here are the steps to apply for the KVS Principal 2023 recruitment process.
Step 1: Go to the official website of KVS at www.kvsangathan.nic.in.
Step 2: Search for the link “ Direct Recruitment for Principal 2022” and click on it.
Step 3: You will be redirected to a new window on the screen.
Step 4: Provide the required information.
Step 5: Complete the process of the application fee payment.
Step 6: Click on the “Submit” button after cross-verifying the online application.
Step 7: Download and take a clear printout of the application form for further reference.
KVS Principal Eligibility Criteria 2023: FAQs
The KVS Principal Eligibility Criteria 2023 is based on three important factors including Age limit, Educational qualification and experience.
Candidates must possess a master’s degree in 50% from a recognized university to apply for the post of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) principal and must hold a B.Ed. or Equivalent Teaching Degree.
The maximum required age for a Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti (KVS) principal should be 50 years.
The minimum age limit for a Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti (KVS) principal should be 35 years.
Detailed information about the KVS Principal experience is given in this article. Please go through it to know more.