MHADA JE Syllabus & Exam Pattern. Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) released recruitment details for the post of Junior Engineer for 119 vacancies. The offline exam is scheduled to be conducted from 12th Dec to 20th Dec. The eligible candidates successfully completed the registration process from 17th September 2021. MHADA recruits candidates through an offline exam along with document verification. The Marathi language knowledge will be mandatory for all candidates. Candidates have to get a minimum of 45% of the total marks on the test to qualify for the exam and to get on the merit list. A candidate with completion of a Diploma in Civil/Architecture Engineering from any recognized university is eligible for this recruitment. The pay scale for the selected candidates is according to the level of S-14 Rs. 38,600 – Rs. 1,22,800.
MHADA JE Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021 PDF
MHADA Junior Engineer 2021 Syllabus:
MHADA JE mainly consists of 150 questions for 200 marks, which covers both non-tech and technical parts. The Syllabus mainly consists of
- Non-Tech Part
- Technical Part
The non-Tech part again consists of four different sections
- Marathi Language
- English Language
- General Knowledge
- General Intelligence
The technical Syllabus of MHADA JE 2021 under the stream of Civil Engineering comprises the following subjects mentioned below,
Mechanics: simple stress and strain relationship, simple bending theory, slopes and deflection, buckling of the column.
Construction Materials: Building stones, Bricks and Tiles, Cement, Lime, Timber, and Wood-based products, Paints, and varnishes, Metals.
Building Construction: Brick Masonry, Stonemasonry, Walls, Mortars and Concretes, formwork and scaffolding, Damp Proofing, Arches and Lintels, Doors and Windows, Roofs, Floors, Stairs, Surface Finishes and Building Planning.
Elements of Steel Structure Design: Tension Members, Compression Members, Structural Steel and Sections, Structural Steel Connections.
Estimating and Costing: Buildings, Analysis of Rates, Valuation.
Concrete Technology: Ingredients of Concrete, Properties of Concrete, Water Cement Ratio, Workability, Form Work.
Surveying: Chain Surveying, Campus Surveying, Levelling theodolite traversing, Plane Table Surveying, Curves.
Elements of R.R.C. Design: Reinforcement Materials, Theory of R.C.C. Beams, Columns and Slabs, Basic elements of Prestressed Concrete.
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering: Soil Classification, Soil Exploration, Stability of slopes, Bearing Capacity, Foundation – Shallow and Deep.
MHADA JE 2021 Exam Pattern
- MHADA JE is an offline exam conducted for 200 marks of 150 Qs.
- It consists of 100 questions from the non-tech part in which each carries 1 mark and 50 technical questions in which each carries 2 marks.
- All the questions are of MCQ type.
- The weightage of different sections of the syllabus is mentioned in the below table.
|Marathi Language||25||25||2 Hours|
MHADA JE 2021 Preparation Strategy:
- Eligible candidates need to focus on both the technical part and non-technical part also as the weightage for each part is the same.
- After completion of every topic/chapter, one has to practice as many MCQs as possible on each and every topic.
- While solving MCQs need to focus on time also because the time for each question in the actual exam is less than 1 min.
- The candidate can prepare his own plan based on which area one is strong in because one has to first attempt a section in which he/she is more confident.
- While solving numerical need to take care of calculation errors.
- Solving previous year’s questions always gives good confidence to move further.
- After compilation of MCQs on a particular topic, one needs to attempt the previous year’s questions of that topic, if any question is unsolvable then we need to revise that concept and followed by practicing a few MCQs will work in a better way.
- Along with static GK, we need to focus on current affairs also.
- All the preparation time in a day should not be given for a single subject, instead of that, we have to divide the time between all sections as mentioned in the syllabus.
MHADA JE Books To Be Referred
- While picking books we have to look for books that cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus with a wide variety of MCQs.
- Sometimes it’s better to refer to the standard books.
- For technical subjects, we can use MPSC mains previous year solved question papers by any publications.
- And for MCQ practice regarding technical subjects, we can go for SP Gupta and SS Gupta by CBS publishers.
- We can also prefer R Gupta by Ramesh publishing house for both theory and around 1500 MCQs are available in this book.
- For the Non-technical part combining Marathi, English, reasoning, and Aptitude we can choose a book namely non-technical for civil engineering by AK engineering academy.
- And we can also refer to standard books for English, reasoning, and general knowledge separately like for GK lucent publications, etc.
MHADA JE 2021 Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQ
The total duration of the MHADA JE Exam is 120 min. There is no specific deadline for each section, we have to complete the whole paper in 120 min.
Q.2) How many subjects are there in the MHADA JE exam 2021?
There are five subjects or sections in the MHADA JE exam which are namely Marathi Language, English Language, General Knowledge, General Intelligence, and Technical Subjects.
The marks for each correct answer is depending upon the section, each question under the non-tech part will carry 1 mark and each question under the technical section will carry 2 marks.
No. This exam consists of only an MCQ of 4 options and only one option will be the right answer.