Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is all set to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) for the different zones on the Indian Railways. To apply for the recruitment, the candidates should be aware of the RRB ALP Job Profile. Interested candidates can visit the official website indianrailways.gov.in to know more about it.
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will conduct the exam to select the candidates. Before applying for the position, the candidates should check their eligibility.The information about the ALP Railway Job Profile will be discussed in this article.
Table of Contents
RRB ALP Job Profile: Overview
Working Hours of ALP in Railway varies for different zones.The overview of the RRB ALP will let the candidates know about the basic information related to the recruitment.
|Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
|Assistant Loco Pilot
|Number of vacancies
|Yet to be Notified
RRB ALP Job Profile: Details
Assistant Loco pilot (ALP) is a very secured central government job for the aspiring candidates. It is important for the aspirants to know what kind of work they will have to do after becoming Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP). The RRB ALPJob Profile includes
- Ensuring safety and being keen and punctual is the basic requirement of ALP.
- Assisting the Loco Pilot when needed.
- Checking the efficiency and fine-tuning of the locomotive.
- Repairing the minor parts of the locomotive.
- Ability to find defects in the tracks and report them.
- Regularly watching the railway signals.
- Caring about the maintenance, safety, security, and productivity of the locomotive.
RRB ALP Job Profile: Career Growth And Promotion
Knowing about the career growth and promotion in RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) will encourage the candidates to apply for the recruitment. After getting recruited as ALP, candidates can take up the departmental exams conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). Otherwise, an employee is eligible to get promoted based on seniority level in particular grade.
- Senior Assistant Loco Pilot
- Loco Pilots
- Loco Foreman/Supervisor
- Power Controller or Crew Controller or Loco Foreman/Supervisor.
RRB ALP Job Profile: Salary
Acquiring a post as an Assistant Loco Pilot guarantees you job security and is also one of the most distinguished careers in the Indian railway sector. It is an opportunity to work for the government without missing out on the additional perks you get during and after employment. If being an RRB Assistant Loco Pilot is your dream, you should be aware of the RRB Assistant Loco Pilot salary slip in 2022.
After the 7th Pay Commission’s proposal, there has been a slight increment in the salary of the RRB ALP post. The salary ranges from ₹19,900 (excluding benefits) to ₹35,000 including benefits and allowances.
The benefits of allowances and bonuses included in the RRB Loco Pilot salary are the main reasons that appeal to more aspiring candidates for the job post. The remuneration comprises a base wage and several bonuses like job security, allowances and other rewarding incentives.
RRB ALP Job Profile: Railway ALP Allowances
Along with the salary, the selected candidates can also experience Railway ALP Benefits and allowance which are listed below
- House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- 30 days earned leave
- 12 days Casual Leave
- 30 days of half-pay leave or medical leave
- A 10% deduction is made from the salary according to the new pension scheme.
- Home City and All India Travel Allowances
- Running Allowance (according to kilometers traveled)
- Free Medical Facility at Railway and Empanelled Hospitals for the Staff and their Dependents
- Free Railway Tickets to Family Members on particular routes.
RRB ALP Job Profile: Advantages of RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Job
- Open and simple selection procedure.
- The Indian Railways provides all benefits for employees holding government positions through perks.
- A large number of job openings in various department types in both technical and non-technical areas.
- If an employee dies while working on duty, the government grants a railway job to a family member as compensation.
RRB ALP Job Profile: FAQs
The full form of RRB is Railway Recruitment Board.
You can apply for the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) by visiting the official website of your region.
Yes. after few years the candidte will be promoted to Loco Pilot (LP) position.
The basic requirement of the Assistant Loco Pilot is ensuring safety,being keen and punctual.
The application fee for the general category for Recruitment Board ALP recruitment is Rs.500/-.