Sadbhavana Diwas speech in English: In order to recognise Rajiv Gandhi’s 78th birthday this year, our country will observe Sadbhavana Diwas in 2022. On August 20 of each year, India honours Sadbhavana Diwas as a tribute to the late former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. Sadbhavana Diwas is held to honour Rajiv Gandhi’s numerous contributions to efforts to restore peace in India and its neighbors when he served as both President of the Indian National Congress and Prime Minister of India.
From October 31, 1984, to December 2, 1986, he served as prime minister. During that time, he devised an international policy that would place India as a global leader. His foreign policy was masterfully planned, positioning India as a guardian nation that offers assistance to those experiencing a dilemma, rift, terrorism, etc. In general, his government’s objective was to reestablish peace in India and the neighboring nations.
After Rajiv Gandhi’s passing in 1992, Congress established the Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award.
Take the world photography day quiz here!
Importance of Sadbhavana Diwas
Every year, Sadbhavana Diwas is observed in honor of Rajiv Gandhi, who desired to see India become a developed nation. The amount of social and economic projects for India clearly demonstrates his ambition of making it a developed nation.
- The Sadbhavana Diwas day is observed to encourage communal harmony, peace, and unity among Indians of all faiths.
- The word “Sadbhavana” means “goodwill” in English. The main message of Sadbhavana Diwas is to promote social harmony and national solidarity among people of different faiths and cultures.
- The preservation of greenery, the beauty of nature, environmental conservation, and biodiversity preservation are all tied to Sadhbhavna Diwas.
- In India, several cultural competitions and events are held in various states on Sadbhavana Diwas.
- Rajiv Gandhi’s immediate family members and top Congress members pay tribute to him on the anniversary of his birth. On Veer Bhoomi, the location of his cremation, they placed wreaths.
Read about one nation one examination here!
Also, check the answers for MyGov Swaraj quiz here!
Sadbhavana Diwas Pledge
Nationwide, Sadbhavana Diwas is observed with great enthusiasm and excitement. People all around the nation make the following promise on this day:
“I take this solemn pledge that I will work for the emotional oneness and harmony of all the people of India regardless of caste, region, religion or language. I further pledge that I shall resolve all differences among us through dialogue and constitutional means without resorting to violence.”
Sadbhavana Diwas Celebration
Today, a number of cultural events and contests are organised around the nation in different states. People observe this day by planting trees, saving the environment, and conserving natural resources as well as the greenery and other aspects of the environment.
To educate the public about important environmental issues, this day is commemorated with great joy.
In India, the Congress party, political officials, close friends, and family members commemorate Sadbhavana Diwas by adorning the statue of Rajiv Gandhi with garlands and flowers. People honor and venerate Rajiv Gandhi’s memorial, Veer Bhumi.
By placing wreaths at the Veer Bhumi, they pay respect to the memorial of Rajiv Gandhi (the place of cremation). His zeal for advancing the nation is honoured on this day. A Sadbhavana Cycle Rally commemorating his 69th birthday was held in Bhubaneshwar under the direction of Loknath Maharathi. It began at the Congress Bhawan in Master Canteen Square and travelled through the neighbourhoods of Vanivihar, Rasulgarh, and Kalpana Chhack before ending at the Mausima Temple in Old Town. On this anniversary in India, numerous schools arrange student rallies.
10 Lines on Sadbhavana Diwas
- Every year, Sadbhavana Divas occurs on August 20.
- Rajiv Gandhi’s birth anniversary is known as the “Sadbhavana Divas” in India.
- At Veer Bhoomi, Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi receives respect from every congressman as well as from the leaders of other political parties.
- This holiday encourages unity and peace and interpersonal harmony.
- Rajiv Gandhi served as the global goodwill ambassador.
- On this day, people promise to practise non-violence and to assist everyone, regardless of caste, religion, or colour.
- On this day, the state governments of India host a number of social and cultural events.
- People promote plantations and make environmental commitments for a “Clean & Green India.”
- The Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhawna Award is also given out on this day.
- The Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award honours those who have made remarkable contributions to the promotion of intergroup peace.
FAQs on Sadbhavana Diwas
On August 20th, we observe Sadbhavna diwas, a national holiday honouring Rajiv Gandhi, our former prime minister.
On August 20 of each year, India honours Sadbhavana Diwas as a tribute to the late former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. After Rajiv Gandhi’s passing in 1992, Congress established the Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award.
The Rajiv Gandhi National Award is presented to individuals who support maintaining national honour and peace.
It is observed to encourage harmony and unity among Indians from all regions.
In 1992, one year after Rajiv Gandhi’s passing in 1991, the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Prize was established. It was established by the Indian National Congress Party’s (INC) All India Congress Committee as a tribute to their leader and his contributions to the party and the country.