With the increasing number of accidents in India as traffic rules are not followed, the concept of challan has become quite common. Keeping in mind the importance of adhering to traffic rules, traffic challenges have been introduced to ensure that a driver does not violate any traffic rules and protect the security and safety of others on the road. Therefore, the Government of Punjab came up with the idea of E-challan Punjab, which is convenient and time-saving for the public. This allows easy and speedy e-challan online payment in Punjab.
All you need to know about e-challan Andhra Pradesh is here.
How to make e-challan online payments in Punjab?
Through the Parivahan website and through the official website of Punjab Transport.
E-challan online payment Punjab using Parivahan website
- You can also pay your traffic e-challan in Punjab using the Indian Government’s official e-challan website, Parivahan.
- Go to the e-challan Parivahan website.
- Enter your Challan/Vehicle/Driving Licence number and the Captcha code, then click “Get Details.”
- To make the payment, choose an e-challan from the list displayed.
- Your offense details, as well as the pending fine, will be displayed. In Punjab, for example, driving without a seat belt carries an Rs.1000 fine.
- Continue with the payment.
- Once the payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email with the transaction ID.
E-challan online payment Punjab Government portal
- Visit the website of IFMS Punjab.
- Select the “e-receipt” tab, then the “Register User” icon.
- Log in with the credentials you just created.
- “Create a new profile” by filling out the department and treasury information.
- Click “Make Payment” to begin filling out the e-challan. For example, the Motor Vehicles Act requires you to pay the number plate challan price in Punjab if you do not have a high-security number plate.
- Enter the amount to be paid as well as your contact information.
- The “success” notification will appear on your screen after a successful online transaction.
E-challan Punjab offenses and fine rates
|Violation||Fine for 1st offense||Fine for Subsequent offense|
|Smoking while driving your vehicle||₹500||₹1,000|
|Driving your LMV above the speed limit||₹1,000||₹2,000|
|Wrong parking in city area||₹500||₹1,000|
|Disobeying traffic signal||₹500||₹1,000|
|Riding without a helmet||Fine of ₹1,000 and you will be disqualified for holding a licence for three months||Fine of ₹1,000 and you will be disqualified for holding a licence for three months|
|Honking needlessly or continuously, or honking in a prohibited area||₹1,000||₹2,000|
|Without / expired third party insurance of transport vehicle||₹2,000||₹4,000|
|4-wheeler without seat belts/driver not using the seat belt||₹1,000||₹1,000|
|Disobeying signal of police officer regulating traffic||₹1,000||₹1,500|
|Use of mobile phones while driving||₹2,000||₹10,000|
Benefits of E-Challan online payment Punjab
There are various benefits when it comes to e-challan:
- E-Challan Punjab will provide a transparent service between the user and the traffic department.
- All e-Challan Punjab services can be accessed online, eliminating the need for physical travel.
- Difficulties encountered when visiting the officer’s office are now reduced and saved.
- You can also track your challan online and check your e-challan status from home.
- Once you’ve downloaded the e Challan app, you can connect to the department and complete any tasks you need to.
- E-Challan Punjab Online 2022 allows you to submit all challans online.
- You are not required to visit any office to pay your challan.
- The portal now allows users to check the status of their e-challans in Punjab and make online payments.
- You can also check your pending challans from home using Portal.
- E Challan will cut down on the time you spend paying your challan through the Office.
- It will also allow you to view the most recent traffic updates and reduce or stop money processing under the table.
Let us know more about e-challan Odisha
Checking a Pending E-Challan online payment Punjab
The steps to follow when checking pending challans:
- You must go to the official website.
- Discover the Pending Challan Transaction link.
- Now, open the link by clicking on it.
- When the link opens, enter the challan number along with the vehicle number.
- After clicking the submit button.
- Your Challan Payment History is now displayed on the screen.
- Examine the details and then pay any outstanding challans.
Check to know about e-challan Gujarat
E-Challan Punjab FAQs
E Challan is a digital transformation of the traditional challan, which is still in use in India. However, following the Digitization, every state Traffic Police Department now uses E Challan to complete the challan-related process. This writing has also informed you about e Challan.
To obtain the Challan Status Online, go to echallan.parivahan.gov.in
Yes, by visiting the website, you can get a hold of the e-challan online payment Punjab history.
No, you are not required to register; instead, you can use the Quick Pay option to make payments on the fly.