On the auspicious occasion of Teacher day, attempt the Teachers Day Quiz to learn more about the importance and significance of this day. The day honours all teachers and the important role they play in shaping the lives of their students. The day also commemorates Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s birth anniversary and his mind’s flex contribution to the field of education. He was a great philosopher as well as a well-known teacher.
A teacher instils values in children and helps them become responsible citizens. So to gain more knowledge about this day let’s read this article further.
Teachers Day Quiz & History
Teachers’ Day began on Radhakrishnan’s birthday, at the request of his students. His birthday is on 5th September. When Radhakrishnan, a philosopher and teacher, was vice president, his students asked him to celebrate his birthday, but he refused, saying that his birthday should be observed as a celebration for all teachers.
Teachers’ day was first celebrated on 1962 since then this day started to be celebrated. On this day along with the birth anniversary of Dr S Radhakrishnan, we also remember the work of our teachers who makes us good citizens in our life, imparting their knowledge so that we learn how to fight in this changing world.
Importance of Teachers Day
Teachers’ Day is observed to recognise and honour their efforts as well as their unique role in our lives. Teachers are our rock stars, and they play a vital role in guiding us throughout our academic careers. They go above and beyond to teach us important life lessons and to serve as role models for us. On this day, we especially thank our teachers for teaching us how to survive in such a volatile environment.
Teachers Day Objective
Here is the objective of the teacher’s day celebration. There are various objectives of this day:
- To acknowledge the hard work of teachers
- To remember our 2nd President of India Dr S Radhakrishnan
- Show our gratitude toward the teachers
- Let students know how teachers impart their knowledge to students.
- Understand how the teacher makes us good citizens.
Quiz on Teachers day
Following are the quiz question on Teachers’ day. Attempt quiz here:
- Since when is India celebrating Teachers’ Day?
- How did Teachers Day originate?
Ans. Birthday of Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan
- Who said that “Teaching is not a profession, a way of life”?
Ans: Narendra Modi
- When did Dr Radhakrishnan become the President of India?
- University Education Commission was formed in which year?
- In 1931 Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan became the Vice-Chancellor of which University?
Ans: Andhra University
- On which date in India Teachers Day is celebrated?
Ans: 5 September
- Guess who was the teacher of Lord Krishna?
Ans: Sandipani Muni